Be the first to like this
Following the evolution curve of infrastructure performance management, whereby most legacy data centers sprung up with multiple vendors and disparate and dispersed assets, the challenge to gaining a ‘single source of truth’ for performance management analytics have only become harder, especially as service assurance models demand end-to-end visibility to end-user quality of experience.
How, then, is a virtualization systems administrator expected to “keep the peace,” if you will, across multiple layers of data centers, networking, storage, compute, application and cloud infrastructures?
Here are the eight-great questions to ask as you evaluate whether virtualization management tools provide true cross-silo visibility and service assurance analytics to avoid the IT blame game and eliminate finger pointing altogether:
1. How much do outages and latency really cost you in time?
2. What are the operating costs for remote site tech support?
3. What are the intangible costs from customer dissatisfaction?
4. Do you really have the most scalable infrastructure tools?
5. How do you prove where and when the problems actually occur?
6. How can you consolidate multiple silo-based tools?
7. What will allow you to successfully provision VDI services?
8. Wouldn’t it be great to troubleshoot problems before my users do!
Read our blog for more information: