John james village wvcc presentation 3 december 2014
John James Village Project
Woden Valley Community Council Meeting 3 December 2014
Presenter: Mark Blake - Point Project Management
• Leukaemia Foundation in ACT/SNSW –
• March 2012 - official Lifecycle opening
• June 2012 – MOU between John James
Foundation and Leukaemia Foundation
• 2012 – 2014 site identification
• Land allocated April 2014
Garran Site Investigation
• Contamination Assessment: Likelihood, if any, low
• Flood Control Study: TAMS Requirements of sale of the land
• Traffic and Parking: Development to have insignificant impact on road
• Vegetation: Tree assessment found best opportunity for development in
centre of the block. (current site). Large area of site infested by weeds.
• Acoustic Study: Protection against Hindmarsh Dr.
• Services: New site services for development
• Civil: New footpath on Rusden St.
• Walking Trail: Existing trail to remain
• Fauna: No Endangered Species found on site.