THE ASSOCIATION FOR SUPPORTINGYOUTH EDUCATION “EUROSZKOLA”
• is a non-profit organization which was set up in 2002.
• is a non-profit organization which was set up in 2002.• the main purpose of its activity is the support of versatile youth development.
• is a non-profit organization which was set up in 2002.• the main purpose of its activity is the support of versatile development of children and youth.• the Association runs both the secondary and high schools.
• is a non-profit organization which was set up in 2002.• the main purpose of its activity is the support of versatile development of children and youth.• the Association runs both the secondary and high schools.• the main aim of the schools is not only our teenagers’ support of their development but also preparing them to the life in united Europe.
• is a non-profit organization which was set up in 2002.• the main purpose of its activity is the support of versatile development of children and youth.• the Association runs both the secondary and high schools.• the main aim of the schools is not only our teenagers’ support of their development but also preparing them to the life in united Europe.• willing to learn more about our commune European heritage, we try to develop cooperation with our peers from other European countries. So far we have had two youth exchanges as a part of the ”YOUTH IN ACTION” programme.
PROGRAMMES CARRIED OUT IN OUR SCHOOL• „Pink Ribbon”- breast cancer prevention project for secondary and high schools – emphasising the need for self-examination of breast among women and teenage girls• Primary prevention of the cognitial disorders of the neurogical system for high school – emphasising the need to take folic acid by young women considering pregnancy in the procreation period of life (folic acid prevents congenital disorders of brain and spine in children)• Prevention of HIV and AIDS in secondary and high schools – about the ways of avoiding the HIV infection• „Thinking – no, saying – no” - prevention programme for secondary school – intends to teach important assertiveness skills, expressing feelings and emotions, developing skills in managing emotional stress and learning social influence mechanisms• Career advisory services for secondary and high school – assisting in choosing a specific field of training
POPULATION IN POLAND urban areas years total males females in thousands total males females in thousands2000 38,126 18,427 19,699 23,369 11,084 12,2852007 38,115 18,412 19,703 23,334 11,068 12,266
BASIC INDICATORS OF ECONOMIC ACTIVITY FOR WOMEN IN POLAND AND IN THE EUROPEAN UNION COUNTRIES IN 2004 Specification Poland EU (25) Employed women (in thousands) 6,103 84,592 Employment rate in % by age: 15 – 24 18,6 33,8 25 – 54 62,6 68,5 55 - 64 19,4 31,7 Unemployed women (in thousands) 1,518 9,782 Unemployment rate in % 19.5 10.2 Unemployment rate of the youth 41.4 19.3 aged up to 24 in %
UNEMPLOYMENT RATE 2007 2008 – I quarter in % in %Total 9.6 8.1 men 9.2 7.6 women 10.1 8.7Urban areas 9.8 8.2Rural areas 9.3 7.9
UNEMPLOYMENT RATE BY GENDER IN 2004-20062015 200410 2005 200650 Total Men Women persons w ith higher Men Women education
TITLES OF PROFESSOR AND SCIENTIFIC DEGREES specification 1995 2006 Title of professor 367 397 of which women 61 108 Specific degree: Habilitated doctor (HD) 628 860 of which women 171 278 Doctor (PhD) 2300 6072 of which women 763 2997 HD – a degree which is higher than a doctorate
NUMBER OF DOCTOR’S DEGREES AWARDED IN 1980 – 2006 BY GENDER7000600050004000 Total Men3000 Women20001000 0 1995 2000 2003 2004 2005 2006
UNEMPLOYMENT RATE BY GENDER AND EDUCATION IN 2003 higher vocational college secondary Women Men vocational primary and uncompleted 0 5 10 15 20 25 30
WOMEN’S PARTICIPATION IN TOTAL NUMBERS OF EMPLOYED BY SPECIFIC PROFESSIONAL GROUPS - 2003 totalmembers of parliament, managers, high-ranking officials experts technicians, staff office clerks shop-assistants, service farmers, gardeners, fishermen, foresters factory workers, craftsmen assemblers and operator of machines workers for simple work 0 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80
INSTITUTIONS/PROJECTS WORKING ON THE FIELD OF WOMEN• www.rodzina.gov.pl – European and EFS projects – the webpage of the Department for Women, Family and Counteracting of Discrimination• www.promocjakobiet.pl – Centre for the Advancement of Women Foundation – their main objective is to prepare and motivate women for deliberate and fully professional commitment in professional, social and political lives.• www.neww.org.pl – the Network of East-West Women – supports dialogue, international exchange and activism among concerned about the status of women• www.kobiety.pl – a platform for Businesswomen – from finance to fashion.• www.genderindex.pl – a project connected with the problem of women’s discrimination in the workplace• www.cpk.org.pl/pl.php/on/home - the Centre of Women’s Rights – they offer help/advice in many areas, they also carry out some projects• www.oska.org.pl – Europe for Women/ Political Academy for Women – this supports women’s organizations and initiative, women’s participation in public and social life.• www.equal.org.pl – the main objective is testing and supporting new ways of combating all forms of discrimination and inequally in the labour market• www.feminoteka.pl - to support women’s and gender issues, promote equality of women and men, support women’s participation in public and political life.• gender studies.pl – a very important part of gender mainstreaming. It’s an interdisciplinary academic field devoted to topics concerning women. The main Polish universities takes up gender studies
INSTITUTIONS/PROJECTS DEALING WITH MENTORING• www.mentoring.pl– Federation of Education and Creativity – one of the objectives is development and dissemination of mentoring and volunteering. It runs Mentory and Volunteering Centre where they organize courses for mentors• www.e-mentor.edu.pl– it’s the online magazine which concetrates on such issues as e-learing, lifelong education, knowledge, management, etc• www.adults-mentoring.eu– the project focused on the needs of older people• www.gfp.com.pl– Foundation that carries out several programmes, ie. connected with mentoring for women• Big Brothers – Big Sisters – the oldest, largest and most effective youth mentoring organization founded in the USA. It carries out a lot of programmes connected with mentoring and volunteering• Mentoring and Coaching Programme – addressed to people aged 18-35 – the aim of the programme is to teach and develop skills connected with running and managing one’s own business• www.advance-project.eu- Mentoring and Coaching targeted on a longer term basis career related issues defined personally as most vital for each mentee.
WORKSHOP 11-12 SEPTEMBER 2008• Development of interpersonal communication skills• Defining own career and personal predispositions• Planning professional career• Identification of own good points, self-knowing and self- assessment• How to get work experience (ie. volunteering)• How to look and present yourself better• First aid course• Where can we find help in different difficult situations
EVALUATION1. What were your expectations for todays workshops? learning something new, learning more about yourself, about professional predispositions, about places where they could find any help in different needs. ‘I hoped to learn about useful issues for future life’ What professional career to choose to be successful in the future’ ‘What to dress to look good2. Have they fulfilled these expectations? Yes No If not, please explain why. Yes - 19 No – 1 “expected to strengthen myself in the choice of the future career but now I don’t know if I will manage it!” partially satisfied – 1 “thought that every girl would be made up”.
3. What are the three most important/interesting things that you have learnt today?• first aid,• choosing future career,• professional career,• self-presentation,• professional predispositions test,• stylist’s advise,• where to get any help.4. In what ways are you planning to apply the info you learnt today back in your life?• ‘I won’t be afraid of the situation in which medical aid is needed’• ‘In case of any problems I know where to go for help’• ‘I’m going to use it with communication with other people and to be successful’• ‘I’m planning to use it while deciding about further education and work’• ‘I will help other people if they are in need’
5 . Please rate the following (mark with a tick √) Content (Please Tick) 1. Poor 2. Average 3.Good 4. Very Good Venue for the workshop: mck 3 10 8 school 3 10 8 Opportunities for participation 1 6 9 5 & discussion Usefulness of the workshop 2 9 10 to me Overall opinion of the 14 7 workshop 6. Would you be interested in joining a European Federation of Mentors for Women? Yes No yes – 12 no - 9
. Please add any further comments in the space below: • ‘Such activities should be organized more often’ • ‘Helpful and very interesting workshops’