• 30 years PR Experience, PRSA member.
• Hundreds of media placements.
• ABC, CNN, NBC News, AP, BusinessWeek, USA
Today, The Wall Street Journal, business journals,
local newspapers, local TV/radio, blogs, podcasts
• Solomon Turner Named One of the Top PR Firms in
St. Louis for 9 consecutive years by Small Business
Why PR Now?
• Build Awareness
• Build Credibility
• Build Circle of Influence
• Change Opinions
• Overcome A Crisis
• Assist With Recruiting
• Content/Sales Tool
• Drive Traffic To Website
Focus on Publicity
• Brand Awareness
• Expanding Circle Of Influence
HARO-What is it?
• Started by Peter Shankman in 2008
• Connects journalists with sources
• Now part of Cision
How Does HARO Work?
• Three feeds per day emailed to you.
• 5:45 AM Eastern
• 12:45PM Eastern
• 5:45PM Eastern
Each Feed Subdivided Into 8
• Biotech and Healthcare
• Business and Finance
• Entertainment and Media
• Lifestyle and Fitness
Who Are These Journalists?
• Newspapers and wire services
• Online Publications
• Trade Associations
What Journalists Want…
• Subject Matter Experts
• Quotes They Can Use
• Connections For Future Stories
• Resources Who Can Respond Quickly
30) Small business cash flow story (Chase.com)
31) Quotes from interior designer required (Architectural Digest)
32) Future of restaurant backoffice technology (FastCasual.com)
33) What Your Dreams Say About Your Health (Bustle)
34) How to hire a good interior designer? (Kukun)
30) Summary: Small business cash flow story
Name: Beth Braverman Chase.com
Media Outlet: Chase.com
Deadline: 4:00 PM EST - 6 November
I'm looking for small business owners to talk about how
manage cash flow during the busy holiday season.
31) Summary: Quotes from interior designer required
Name: Claire Gillespie Architectural Digest
Media Outlet: Architectural Digest
Deadline: 12:00 PM EST - 7 November
I'm writing a feature about the Victorian home decor
2017 and would like some quotes from an interior
Please only respond if you can work with this urgent
1. Preplan Your Responses
√ Have quotes and thoughts ready to go.
√ Deadlines are usually within 48 hours.
√ No time to think about it for a full day or go back
and forth with a client.
2. Personalize Responses
√ Do not use stock feedback.
√ Do use reporter’s first name. “Hi Beth” “Hi Claire”
3. Write An Impactful Headline
Small retailer with 20 year store history has
managed the ebbs and flow of holiday cash flow
for two decades for your article
4. Answer The Question
I am the owner of xxxx in Green Bay Wi,we are a
million dollar retailer with a 20 year store history.
Here’s how we handle our cash flow during the crazy
holiday season, “We ……..”
5. Make Contacting You Easy
√ Include your email, website, and phone numbers.
In some cases they may want your LinkedIn and
6. Thank Them
√ Thanks for considering my responses. I really
• Send long bio.
• Send generic response.
• Respond too slowly.
Bob W a top real estate professional in Seattle for an interview on
rising home values
You may be familiar with Bob W.
He is a top real estate professional in the Seattle area and would like to comment on
your story needs for rising home prices and what they mean for buyers and renters.
Bob is the owner of three real estate companies including W Investments, W Real
Estate Coaching, and The W Group affiliated with PalmerHouse Properties.
Bob is one of the largest real estate investors in the Northwest and has affiliated
offices throughout the U.S. He is involved in over 200 transactions per year.
He has his fingers on the real estate market and latest trends. May be best to do a
phone interview with Bob. Be glad to set it up.
I am at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-205-0800.
Thank so much.
Big data expert works with companies daily on increasing
productivity-good insights for your article
Point #1-“Big data can help employees become more efficient and
proficient if the company knows how to properly analyze it. Data does not
lie. But there is a forensic way to apply it to maximize operations and
efficiencies. By locating inefficiencies and bottlenecks in the
manufacturing and/or delivery process, a company can eliminate problem
areas, speed up production and get more product to market in a shorter
time span. The right data can help employees discover what changes they
need to make, whether its loading products in a different way, packing
products differently, taking steps to reduce spoilage, etc. The result is to
move product down the line more efficiently, resulting an increase in
productivity for the employee, an increase in overall efficiency, and an
increase in profitability for the company.”
How to Measure Success?
• Raw data-Number of placements or views.
• Quality of the article with targeted audience.
• Content for social media/sales tool.
• Inline with strategic plan and objectives.
• Competitive exclusivity.
• Increased web traffic and social media hits.