Sergio Fernández, Andy Seaborne and Peter Ansell
Who Am I
Senior Researcher at Salzburg Research
Partner Technology Manager at Redlink GmbH
Committer at the Apache Software Foundation
Commons RDF, why?
● Historical incompatibility in Java
● Not providing yet-another-wrapper
● But providing commons interfaces
● It arrives in the right time:
○ Apache Jena 3.0
○ OpenRDF Sesame 4.0
● But it will live or die on its own merits!
● A type-safe, non-general API that covers RDF 1.1.
● Initial focused on a subset of the core RDF 1.1 concepts
○ IRI, Blank Node, Literal, Triple, and Graph
● In a future other aspects may be also included
○ datasets, query, etc.
Which other interfaces are desired by developers?
Next steps and discussion
● Bootstrap the implementations on each toolkit
● Evolve the current design
● Get feedback from the commuity
● Currently working at Github, although at some point we
could move to Apache Commons or any suitable
acknowledgments to the MICO
FP7 project (grant no. 610480)
CC BY-SA 3.0