Basics for Fleets
Wisconsin Clean Cities
Why idle reduction is important to us!
• The mission of Wisconsin Clean Cities (WCC) is to reduce
dependence on petroleum-based fuels, promote the use of
alternative fuels and technologies, and improve air quality.
• WCC strives to advance our nation's economic, environmental and
energy security by supporting local actions to reduce petroleum
consumption in the transportation sector.
• Wisconsin Clean Cities partners with stakeholders in the public and
private sectors to deploy:
– Alternative and Renewable Fuels
– Idle Reduction Technology
– Fuel Economy Measures
– Emerging Transportation Technologies
IdleBox Can Help!
Clean Cities tools are available to you.
• Idling reduction cost savings calculators.
• Slide presentation on idling reduction.
• Presentation modules on technology solutions.
• Fact sheets, signage, and poster templates.
• Pledge forms and policy templates.
• Funding resources for idling reduction technologies.
Other Idling & Efficiency Resources!
• Alternative Fuels Data Center
– Strategies to Conserve Fuel: http://www.afdc.energy.gov/conserve/
– Idle Reduction: http://www.afdc.energy.gov/conserve/idle_reduction_basics.html
• U.S. EPA SmartWay
– Transportation & Air Quality: http://www.epa.gov/smartway/index.htm
• WI State Energy Office
– Diesel Truck Idling Reduction Grant Program: