What can you do to facilitate sustainable change in corporate / organisational settings? Change that will enhance the 'Antifragility' of your organisation. Help you learn how to keep on developing the flexibility and agility of your organisation?
How do you stimulate (behavioural) change from WITHIN the organisation? How can you use Clean Language & Systemic Modelling in an organisational change setting?
These are questions we continually ask ourselves, and have lead to an approach with principles rather than guidelines. Based around 7 essential principles to take into account. This slideshare provides a quick overview of these principles, including some questions you may ask yourself when you are not quite getting what you would like.
1. OUTCOME ORIENTATION
• What is ‘the’ Desired Outcome and whose is this?
• Are there multiple Desired Outcomes?
• Has the DO been explored thourougly?
• Is the DO within the circle of influence?
• Is it logically possible, within the mechanics of the
• Is it just about where to, or also how to get there?
• Does the DO trigger a ‘Yes, I want
that!!’? - does it have enough
• What if ‘it’ doesn’t happen?
• Whose Desired Outcome is it?
• What does the owner do themselve?
• Where is ownership possibly taken over by others?
• Are there people who ‘suffer’ because of this, or
have other desired outcomes?
• What do these people do?
• How do you know all of this?
• (How) have you been asked to help?
• Are questions, opinions, etc. being brought into
interaction in any way?
3. EXPLORING PERCEPTIONS
• What kind of perceptions are there roughly with
regard to this topic / this Desired Outcome?
• What needs to be true to make these perceptions
• Which behaviour, processes etc. confirm these
• Which ’elephants’ are
flying around the room
that need exploring (i.r.t.
the Desired Outdome)?
• When you connect different perceptions, what
• When you look from a completely different
perception than your own, what do you see? And
what happens to your perception then?
• To what extent are perspectives being connected?
• What is the quality of the interaction when
perspectives are being connected?
Think of e.g. listening, asking questions, being curious, and-and vs or-or
thinking, attack and defend, stating opinions, yes-but, no, because, yes,
5. WORKING WITH WHAT IS
• What are unwritten rules around this topic, that
sustain or counteract the Desired Outcome?
• What should be different according to you (but
• How is being dealt with emotions?
• Are there sacred cows & political issues
• What might be there, though not visible?
Who see different parts of reality from you?
• How can you connect What Is with the Desired
Outcome, and what happens then?
• How does intention transfer to behaviour?
• What kind of behaviour do you/others
see that matches the Desired Outcome?
• And what do you/others see that doesn’t match?
• To what extent does the change approach chosen fit
the character of the Desired Outcome?
• Does the DO fit the organisation/sponsor?
• What does it ask from the organisation?
• Do you yourself act in accordance to the DO?
• (How) do you learn from (perceptions of) congruent
or incongruent behaviour?
7. PATIENCE & PERSEVERANCE
FAMILIAR WAYS DIFFERENT
• (How) are changes related to the
Desired Outdome? (also the small
• (How) do you celebrate successes?
• Where do you see beginnings of the ‘new’?
• What is the inclination if things don’t go fast enough
according to stakeholders/people involved?
• Where do you see people fall back in old patterns, and
how is that being addressed?
• What is if doesn’t work?
• (How) do you deal with uncertainty in liminal phases?
• What is the natural reaction of the organisation then?
Want to know more?
Visit our website: www.change3-0.eu
(for Dutch readers, you can also go to www.gewoonaandeslag.nl)