How do we produce a great event every time?
Cater to your patrons!
Fundraising Event Activities
Fund A Need
Pre Event Decisions
Identify what we are trying to achieve?
- Donations, Awareness, New Supporters, Etc…
- This plays a important role choosing what type
of activities we want to have.
Who do we want attending the event?
- Current Supports, Attract New Supporters, Affluent Individuals, Etc..
Marketing our event properly is KEY for the foundation for our
Is our event congruent with the type of patron we want to attract?
- Find out what type of activities our patrons would have interest in.
Do we market our events properly (Think Like Corporate America)
- Activities people can participate in: Fun, exciting and fits the patrons
- Silent Auctions: Give a sneak preview and open the bidding early
- Live Auction: Fun and exciting
Fun & Exciting Flyer
Create awareness and excitement!
Improving Our Silent Auction
Treat our auctions like a retail store!
- People shop for what they like and others are attracted to the sales.
Find out what our patron like and will spend money on.
- Auction Reporting and Tracking
- Call and ask
What makes our auction stand out?
- Change up our items from year to year
- Put items together to create something different and higher value.
- More items do not always create more income
- Have price points for everyone in the room
Current Must Have Item: Men's watches, Cigar Boxes, Pet Baskets, Candy Baskets, Sporting items
during that season, Sports and Celeb Autograph items, Classic Jewelry,
Gift Cards to the top restaurants in your area, 3 Day Vacations
It’s Auction Time
Trends in Auction Functionality
Mobile & Online Auctions
Pre Launching the Auction
Pre Authorizing Payment
Silent Auction Closing After Live
- Creates fun activity for the patrons
- See and bid on items before the event starts
- Instant notification when they get outbid so they don’t forget to rebid
- Allow patrons to enjoy the event and not stand by the bid sheets all night
- Leave right after the auction is over without standing in a long line
What’s in it for the staff:
- Start Raising money before event starts
- Patron does not have to attend to participate
- Less volunteers need to run the auction
- Allow the staff to interact with the donors and sponsors
- No stressful collecting of bid sheets and data entry
- Instant Reporting
- Fast and Easy Checkout process
Why Pre Launching Your Auction
This allows us to market and build excitement for our
event and the silent auction
Patrons can start their bidding and donations before
the event starts
Eliminates the checkout process and patrons can now pick up
their items with no long lines.
Your Organization always collects the funds and does not
have to worry about becoming a bill collector
Increase Auction Activity
Promote bidding from the front of the room. Don’t rely on a
text message to move people.
Create a large excitement as the clock ticks down
Leave auction open 10 minutes following the live auction.
(This allows those patrons who lost in the live auction to jump
back into the silent and bid more)
Fast & Efficient
- This is the last thing people remember at the end of the night.
- Pre Authorization create a pick up line with no payment
- Multiple line for credit card only and one for cash and check
- Proper amount of volunteers to help patrons get their items
Tracking for Our Next Event
Whether we use mobile technology or pen and paper
we must track the activity in our auctions.
- What items had the most bids
- What created the most amount of money
- How money people participate
- Who bought what
- Top donors
We must know what type of patrons are attending our event and cater
the marketing to them. (Increase attendance and participation)
Know what your patrons will be interested in purchasing in the auction
Create a fun, enjoyable and easy way for individuals to bid and donate
Develop a fast process for our patrons to checkout
Follow up with you patron and donors right away