SAFER INTERNET DAY
BY EMILLIE KEEGAN
THEME OF SAFER INTERNET DAY 2019
• The theme of SID 2019 was to get students, teachers and
parents involved in internet safety on 5th of February.
• We held events and activities during school for the students
and teachers to get involved in.
• A follow up talk was organised for the parents from the lovely
Dr. Maureen Griffin on the 6th of March 2019.
• Our logo was created by
Sharona and Shaira .
• It stands for Safer Internet Day:
Sacred Heart Safety .
• We used this logo to promote
everything we did.
Here are some of the activities that
• Launch of SID assembly
• Question of the day every
• SID arm bands.
• ‘Escape the internet
• Launch of Video
• Question of the day
Evaluation Launch of
• Who has won the question
of the day this week
SOCIAL MEDIA TALK
• In conjunction with our
program the local
secondary schools are
supporting ‘Social Media:
Challenges for Parents’
• This is an information
evening held in the Sacred
Heart school for Parents of
the local secondary
schools, the aim of which
is to highlight social media
challenges and advise
parents on how they can
protect their children.
To be cautious on the web
Is worth it the teachers said.
All you need is to be safe online,
Don’t share passwords or locations and you’ll be fine.
Don’t share your address, or your real name
Because, trust us, it’s not all fun and games.
This year not passing on password protections our
So don’t give it away if a browser says you’ve won the
Last year it was “Think before you Share, Snap, Send”.
As you may not know who’s lying in the end.
So be weary when going onto new sites,
All you need to be is web wise.
• We held a ‘Escape the
Internet’ escape room held
on Tuesday 5th February
• We had visits from first
years, second years and
even fifth years!
• This event was a huge
WE USED SOCIAL MEDIA TO
PUBLICISE OUR SAFE
INTERNET DAY ACTIVITIES
• We set up a TEAMS account on Office 365 which helped us
communicate with the committee throughout this project
• All second year classes had to create a short 2-3 minute long
video about internet safety.
• It could be any topic about anything that could happen on the
internet or social media apps. E.g. cyber bullying.
• The four second year classes were encouraged to participate.