Title: “Turning Social Media into a Competitive Advantage”
Author: Alain Portmann, Founding Partner & Head of Strategy, Web Liquid
With the growing opportunities surrounding Social Media, how can brands transform this corner of the digital landscape into a competitive asset? Inside Alain covers a number of concepts including:
* Social Proof: To resolve uncertainty of what to do and buy we look at what others are doing or have done.
* Service Over Solicitation. Promoters and detractors are shaped on the basis of the value you provide.
* Social Media as a Listening Exercise: It is about listening to the conversation and empower people to tell THEIR story. After all, every good conversation starts with good listening!
* Engagement: Degree of engagement is more important than the size of fan/connection/follower base
* And finally, the six components to derive a competitive advantage from Social Media:
1. The Earpiece: Monitor Word Of Mouth
2. The Proposition: Statement Of Purpose & Intent
3. The Rulebook: Governance & Resource
4. The Playbook: Tactics & Plan
5. The Scorecard
6. The Training Plan