Cynthia Daddona from RomancingTheTable.com
Tips for Creating Happier, Healthier & More Positive Times Around the Table.
In the Mediterranean, many people enjoy lingering around the table while dining on
Mediterranean cuisine, one of the healthiest in the world. Research has shown that both of these
aspects contribute to longevity and an overall sense of wellbeing. In our busy lives, it is
nurturing to take time to enjoy our food and those we love. Below are some of my tips to help
create more delicious, feel-good times around the table.
From My Table to Yours,
With Many Blessings,
–- Cynthia Daddona Founder & Host of RomancingTheTable.com
1. View food and times around the table as a sacred
connection to yourself and those you love.
2. Create a nurturing atmosphere with positive
conversation, soothing instrumental music, and an
3. When dining solo, practice self-care by nurturing
yourself with sit down meals and thoughts of
gratitude about yourself and your life.
4. Schedule quality table-time to enjoy meals and conversation with your family and
5. Take turns with your partner planning a weekly date-night that includes a healthy and
delicious dinner combined with positive and loving conversation and energy.
6. Be mindful and practice positive conversation at the table by expressing gratitude for the
delicious food, good company, and wisdom that you share.
7. Be in the present moment—savor the taste of your food and help digestion by chewing
each bite thoroughly.
8. Eat like a Mediterranean for longevity; whenever possible eat organic and local food to
support a healthier body and your local farmer.