• Ground water is clarified and purisied rainwater, which almost 3,5
million people in Finland are using in their daily bases.
• Groundwater is found almost everywhere in Finland where the soil is
• The best ground water is in the ridges and large marginal deposits,
which soil is gravel and sand.
• Soil filters the rainwater when the water runs trough it.
• Used as household water because it’s very clean.
Ground water threats
• Fertilizers and nutrients weakens the quality of the ground water as
well as oil from the gas stations.
• If the soil from the ground water areas is taken, the water is exposed
to many threats , because the plants don’t cover it anymore.
• So it’s important to protect it.
pical finnish lake
Surface waters ecological status
Surface waters condition
•Finland’ s surface waters particular lakes are
good or excellent condition
• Rivers and coastal waters are worse
condition: beacause rivers bring
•Civil engineering ruins rivers
• The aim is that all Finland’ s surface
waters will be good condition
so we have to reduce nutrients emissions and