Group Assignment Presentation Presented by : Muhammad Syazwan bin Salim Mohd Hasrul Nizam bin Roslan Rashidah bt Talib Wan Nur Hasyimah bt Wan Hanafi Juliana bt Tajuddin
• We interview Puan Anizah bt Mustaffa, Executive Officer of Human Resource Management in UiTM Terengganu.• UiTM Terengganu headed by Prof. Madya Wan Abdul Manan Wan Dorishah as the Deputy Director of the Academic Affairs and assisted by Program Coordinator, Assistant Registrar, Heads of Unit and Executive Officer and supported by all the staff and lecturers.• At present there are about 200 lecturers and 41 support staff.• UiTM Terengganu do their own recruitment and selection.
• Process of locating potential individuals who might join an organization and encouraging them to apply for existing or anticipated jobs openings. (Snell, 2010)• The process of generating a pool of qualified applicants for organizational jobs. (Mathis and Jackson,2004)• The process of finding and attracting individuals on a timely basis, in sufficient numbers and appropriate qualifications and encouraging them to apply for the job in the organization.• Also a process of getting the right person for the job in the organization.
• Outsourcing – Transfer responsibility to external provider• Contingent workers – Part times, temporaries and independent contractors.• Professional Employer Organization ( Employee Leasing) – Off-site human resource department• Overtime – do extra working hours
Contingent workers• Staff – cleaner’s children as part times during SPM and STPM break.• Independent contractors for making renovations.Overtime• Staff – during an event or situation that need they to do overtime.• Lecturer – can do overtime if they cannot finish the syllabus on time.
Internal sources• Relates with the human resources planning, promotion policies, firm knowledge of employees, transfer in from other branches and nepotism that happened within the organization.External sources• Can be obtain from the labor unions, employment agencies and search firm, competitive sources, media sources and job fairs, college and university recruiting and from high school and technical school.
Transfer from other branches• Qualified lecturers from other UiTM branches will be transfer to the needed branches to fulfill the vacancy to cover the pregnancy or ill lecturer.Promotion• From lecturer to higher position such as Program Coordinator, Senior Lecturer and other.• For staff, the promotion is based on KSAs and requirement.
Transferring from other Organization• Lecturers from Politeknik to fulfill the position at UITMEducational Institutions• Fresh graduates can apply for the position by giving the resume that includes of qualification and personal information.• Called Campus Recruitment
Recruitment MethodInternal Recruiting• Job bidding – permits staff or lecturer in organization who believe they possess required qualification to apply the posted job• Employee referrals – suggestion from another employeeExternal Recruiting• Advertising - advertises the vacancy in the UITM website (http://www.uitm.edu.my) and respective branches website.
Internal External•Morales of promote •New workers bring new perspective•Better assessment and abilities •Cheaper and faster than training•Lower cost for some jobs professionals•Motivation for good performances •No group of political supporters in•Cheaper and quicker to recruit organization already•People already familiar with the •Larger pool of workers from which to findorganization and how it operates the best candidate •People have a wider range of experience
Internal External•Failed applicants become discontented •Bare high cost doing interview and•Time waste interviewing inside advertisingcandidates who will not be considered •May causes morale problems to internal•Inbreeding strengthens tendency to candidates that not be selectedmaintain the status quo •Longer orientation time•Limits the number of potential applicants •Selection process may not be effective•No ideas can be introduce from outside enough to reveal the best candidatesthe organization
Human Resource Unit Manager•Forecast recruiting needs •Anticipate needs for employees to fill•Prepare copy of recruiting adds and vacanciescampaigns •Determine KSAs needed from applicants•Plans and conducts recruiting efforts •Assists in recruiting effort with•Audits and evaluates all recruiting information about job requirementactivities •Review success/failure of recruiting activities
Evaluating recruiting efforts Evaluating EvaluatingEvaluating time recruiting cost and required to quality and benefits fill opening quantity
• Recruit the best and potential candidates• Candidates apply jobs outside of their expertise.• Too many applicants• Cost to recruitment high – advertising• Did not get top level management support – capital, agreement and selection process
• Selection is the process of reducing the number of applicants whose qualifications meet job requirements and the needs of the organization and choosing from among those individuals who have the relevant qualifications. (Snell, 2010)• The process of choosing individuals who have needed qualities to fill jobs in an organization. (Mathis and Jackson, 2004)• The process of choosing the best from a group of applicants that suitable for a particular position in an organization.• Goal of selection process is to properly match people with jobs and organization.• Individuals overqualified, under qualified, or do not fit either job or organization’s culture, will probably leave the firm.
• Other HR function• Decision making speed• Organizational hierarchy• Applicant pool• Type of organization
• To properly match people with jobs and organization• As the way to finding the most reliable and accurate person for the job• To reduce the time cost for doing the interviews• To fulfill the human resource need
• Recruiting must be viewed strategically and discussions should be held about the relevant labor markets in which to recruit• Placement of people should consider both person/job fit and person/organization fit