How to Browse Digital Media at Wake County Public Libraries
How to Browse
1) Start at Wake County Public Libraries homepage,
www.wakegov.com/libraries. Select link “Download Library”.
2) “Find eBooks & eAudio” will take you to our full collection of
eBooks and downloadable audiobooks. Select “Find eBooks
3) For this example, select “All Fiction” under “eBook Fiction.” (For
audiobooks, you could choose a link under the Audiobook
4) Notice the formats filter. Click it to see different format
options. For a Kindle, select Kindle Book; or Adobe EPUB for
any other eReader. (See the “Introducing Overdrive READ”
tutorial to learn about that format)
5) The left filter options also allow you to limit by
subject, publisher, language, etc. Select any filter to see the
6) If you want a quick search of an eBook or eAudio genre,
select “Menu” to open the browse menu.
7) To search, enter a title, author or keyword into the
search box. We’ll do a search for “wizards”.
8) Searches combine eBooks & audiobooks, so verify the
format. You can tell by the icon in top right of cover
image: book for eBooks; headphones for eAudio.
9) Notice the icon in the top right corner of each book. If the
icon is bold it’s available; if grayed out, you will need to
place a hold.
10) To view only checked-in titles, select “Available Now”
(Tip: this filter can be used with any results)