This new anti-spam legislation is being set to go into effect on July 1, 2014, businesses and
corporations need to to ensure that they are prepared and compliant with this new law.
If your business performs any of the following activities in any way, then you should immediately
start preparing to ensure your compliance with the new Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL):
• Send messages electronically to individuals either via email or through other electronic modes
• Change the destination of an electronic message a person sends or receives
• Or has computer programs that are installed by individuals
If any of the above points apply to you, it may be time to ditch everything you have at hand to re-
evaluate your current readiness for this harmful law. Non-compliance with the Canadian Anti-Spam
law can result in huge monetary penalties along with many other injunctions, court offenses, and
even negative publicity over the incident. The administrative monetary penalties of a violation set is
up to $1 million for each violation if it is against an individual, or up to $10 million if the violation
was against a business or corporation.
Is your business ready for
Canada’s Anti-spam law?
WSI’s CASL Readiness Assessment
At WSI we want to help you be prepared for CASL by conducting a complete assessment of your
current electronic communication, your contacts, digital messaging, contact profiling, etc., so
you can be 100% ready for this critical change in the way you communicate and market to your
The CASL Readiness Assessment covers the following steps:
• Evaluate all your electronic communication with your contacts
• Review sources and history of contacts acquisition and relationship
• Assess the methods used for communicating with your contacts
• Analyze all aspects related to your compliance with CASL
• Identify possible exemptions to reduce risks and changes
• If no exemptions available, we will explore other alternatives
• Draw a complete roadmap of all steps required to be compliant with CASL
• Identify bottlenecks that would affect marketing and business results
• Craft a guaranteed CASL compliant action plan
• Develop powerful, internal processes to ensure ongoing compliance
• Explore technology alternatives and adjustments required if any
• Align your business and marketing processes with the CASL
• Provide ongoing monitoring and control mechanisms
If you want to be ready for CASL and avoid hefty fines that can cripple your business, you need to work
with our experts to perform the complete CASL Readiness Assessment.
To protect your business from being in harm’s way of this law, please contact us today to have a
complimentary discussion with one of our certified CASL consultants. In Canada, call 416-564-1863.