SUBMITTED BY :
FAST FOOD INDUSTRY
•World’s largest growing food type.
• Industrial growth is 40% a year.
•Foreign investments are worth Rs.3600 million
(1/4th total investment in this sector)
• McDonalds India is the market leader in this
• Founded in 1965 by Tom Monaghan.
• About 8,500 corporate and franchised stores
in 55 countries.
• Domino's Pizza outlet in India opened in
• Close to 274 outlets in 55 cities of India.
DOMINOS SUPPLY CHAIN
1. Procurement of raw materials
• Raw materials like wheat, baby corn, tomatoes and spices
are got, out of which wheat was bought in from Jalandhar
and then sent to the commissaries in refrigerated trucks.
• 4 commissaries (Regional Centralized Facilities)
• Pizza dough processed from the wheat is
then sent to the retail outlets again in
• Logistics requirement for sending frozen
foods, at a temperature of ₋18⁰C and of
refrigerated trucks in which food is sent
at a temperature range of between 1 to
3. Retail Outlets
• Regular stores
• Super stores : High traffic, More counters
• Express stores : those where people were
expected to walk in and order rather than ask
for home delivery.
Outsourcing the Ingredients
Wheat Jalandhar (Punjab)
Cheese Karnal, Haryana
Tomatoes Bhubaneshwar, Orissa
Spice South India
Baby Corn Nepal
Exotic Vegetables Sri Lanka
• One of the flagship brands of Yum!
• 12,500 restaurants across 91 countries
• Indian outlet opened in June 1996 in
• 147 restaurants across 36 cities in India.