• Depletion of fossil fuels.
• Present House hold appliances are
mostly energy consuming appliances.
• Production of green house gases and
release of carbon emissions which are
detrimental to our world.
• India currently suffering from major
shortage of generation capacity.
• Time for green movement.
• Shift from non renewable appliances
to renewable appliances.
• Reducing the carbon emissions.
• Creating awareness among the
• AGRICULTURE BIOMASS
• NATURAL GAS
• Basing on present consumption fossil
fuels are available for only 150 years.
• In INDIA coal source available up to
• Best alternative for rapid depletion
of fossil fuels.
Drain back Solar hot water systems
Pico hydro power plants
Mini wind turbine
Home efficiency appliances
• A PV module’s output is directly proportional
to the amount of sunlight hitting it.
• Modules produce electricity when photons
(little packets of energy contained in sunlight)
hit the cells and knock available electrons
loose and into motion.
• Minimum requirements are solar panel,
charge controller, battery system, inverter.
• Tall trees, nearby buildings, roof dormers, and
even chimneys can be challenging if done by
• But shade even a small amount can in some
cases shut down production completely.
• These popular, proven performers offer
simplicity, reliability, and flexibility in system
• Focus on residential domestic hot water
systems, many options exist for system
configurations, ranging from pool heating to
space heating and combined domestic hot
water and space heating.
• The energy will depend on the swept
area and the average wind speed at the
• Main requirements are Rotor (Blades &
Hub), Alternator, Tail Boom & Vane, Shaft
& Bearings, Slip Rings & Brushes,
• Require more maintenance.
• Several of these components
can be more expensive.
• Applicable mostly in high
• Fluorescent bulb saves 80% of energy consumed
by incandescent bulb
• Washing machines can save energy in several
ways electricity used, hot water used, and water
extracted (saving energy costs during drying)
• A heat pump removes heat from the outside air
or the ground using phase-change materials.
They can work in reverse to provide cooling in hot
• Energy conservation is the key. It will prolong
the fossil energy that now exists.
• Initial cost is high for all renewable energy
systems so that all humans cannot afford
• But we have to agree that they are our