Vyatka State University, Kirov
Technology of Mechanical
engineering (TM )
610000, Russia, Kirov, Moskovskaya str., 36,
ph. +7 8332 539269, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Department was founded in 1963
The department trains students, undergraduates and graduate students involved in the
retraining and advanced training of specialists of industrial enterprises and other
• Advanced Training and Retraining
Scientific direction of the department – engineering and design quality assurance
of machining and assembly technological processes, metalworking process
More than 1000 publications
Department staff members: Educational research staff (2 professors, 7 associate
professors, 2 senior lecturers), engineering and educational supporting staff.
The department has a post-graduate courses: postgraduate students are being prepared
in a scientific specialty “Technology and equipment for mechanical and physical-technical
2 doctoral dissertations and 20 master's theses, more than 150 patents,
more than 100 research works
- Use of high-voltage discharge in a fluid for industrial purposes
- Processing problems of non-rigid parts and technology quality assurance processes of machining
- - Automation of assembly processes with the use of industrial robots
- - Processes of chip formation during cutting in order to manage the process of handling viscous and
difficult to machine materials
- - Diagnosis of treatment processes, development of high-performance control systems
- - Superplastic shaping
Since 1969 at the Department and its laboratory of
electro-technologies have been developed a number of
systems for electric hydroimpulsive stamping, molding
powders, cleaning nozzles of diesel heavy-duty trucks
and marine engines, and other facilities for special
purposes, which were introduced in enterprises of Kirov,
Izhevsk, Sarapul, Chelyabinsk, Leningrad. More than a
dozen candidates of technical sciences were prepared
(G.P.Кuznetsov, 1975; V.D.Perevoshchikov, 1976;
G.P.Kazenin, 1976; V.V.Fominykh, 1976, N.B.Grebyonkin,
1978; M.I.Zemtsov, 1982, etc.). In 1999 G.P.Kuznetsov
had defended his doctoral dissertation.
Under the leadership of L.A. Vasilevykh was established scientific and
industrial laboratory of engineering technology. Laboratory work has
been linked to problems processing of non-rigid parts and design and
technological quality assurance processes of machining and assembly. On
this subject have been performed research work in Kirov and region
enterprises (plants «Мayak», «Selmash», «Кrasnuy instrumentalshchik»,
«Мolot»),and also in companies and organizations from Moscow, Nizhniy
Novgorod, Kuibyshev, Leningrad.
Under the leadership of Prof. Kudinov there were some
works on: diagnosis treatment processes, the
development of high-performance control systems,
research in the field of contemporary modular cutting
tool, the cutting chip formation processes in order to
manage the process of handling viscous and difficult to
machine materials. Under the direction there were
defended theses by A.V. Gajda, Svetlakov B.G., Kuimov
E.A., Flaksman A.L., Vinogradov D.O.
• Design and technological quality assurance processes of
machining and assembly process optimization metal
(Supervisor: Ph.D., Associate Professor Kuimov E.A.)
• Investigation of the process of superplastic forming
products made from sheet materials (Supervisor: Ph.D.,
Associate Professor of Apatov Yu.L.)
• Improving the thermal processing of non-ferrous metals.
Statistical quality control of heat treatment and plastic
processing (Supervisor: Ph.D., Professor Pevzner M.Z.)
• Investigation of the structure and properties of the
hollow sections of continuous casting in a controlled
cooling (Supervisor: Prof. Chasnikov A.Ya.)
• Development work on the development of non-standard
equipment (Supervisor: Ph.D., Associate Professor Zhuykov
Currently, the department is working towards:
the development of the theory and techniques of
construction and operation of high-performance
processing and assembly automation systems, the
development and implementation of methods of low-
waste, low-power and strengthening technology,
engineering support products reliability, increased
manufacturability of product design, automation and
mechanization of mechano-assembly production (use
of industrial robots , rotary and conveyor lines, CNC
The creation of new processes forming
superplastic materials, including the development
of combined processes, the development of new
principles of integrated technologies for the
manufacture of hollow structures through the use
of nanostructured materials, development of
Improvement of the heat treatment of non-ferrous metals,
including in a transverse magnetic field to enhance
uniformity of material properties, optimum width using
statistical quality control.
Study of the structure and properties of continuously cast
hollow profiles to create new alloys having higher
Development of original technological equipment,
including automated, for a variety of activities.
Installation for trapezoidal sheet of galvanized steel C20.
An apparatus for manufacturing curved profile for drywall panels.
Machine for assembling barbed wire “Egoza”.
Apparatus for grinding plastics.
Leading centers for lathes with manual and CNC.
Venues rear adjustable for lathes with manual control and CNC.
Machine for sharpening knives for the treatment of skins of fur-bearing animals.
Self-centering lathe chucks with driven spindle.
Examples of research works, conducted on commercial
contracts with companies
Research of intensive Gang of flex shafts turning on CNC
machines with the mutual compensation of cutting
force technology (4 inventions)
Studies of non-rigid shaft turning with the use of
Process of increasing tool life by magnetic pulse
1. Pevzner М.Z. " Improving the technology of the brass band using continuous induction heat treatment in a transverse magnetic
field " // Metallurgy and heat treatment of metals / №4, 2012, pp. 27-32.
2. Zhuykov V.А. . Technology of hardening, coating and repair: theory and practice // Zhuykov V.А., Perevoshchikov V.Д. //2012. –
3. Pevzner M.Z. Advancing the process of production of brass strips using continuous induction heat treatment in transverse
magnetic field // Metal Science and Heat Treatment (Springer. New York, USA). - 2012. - Vol. 54. - № 3-4, July. - P. 178-183.
4. Chasnikov А.Ya. Reasons for adhesion of thin copper strips during annealing. / Chasnikov А.Ya., Zinovyev А.V.,
5. Duya.H,// Proceedings of the XIII International Conference "New technologies and advances in metallurgy and materials science",
Poland, May 2012 , pp. 323-326.
6. Chasnikov А.Ya. Features of using scrap brass shell casings LK75-05 for the production of flat products // X International
Conference "New Trends rational use of recycled resources and environmental problems", Moscow, 2012 .
7. Аpatov К.Yu. Getting thin figurine jewelry superplastic fwith orming. / Аpatov К.Yu., Аpatov Yu.L. // Fourteenth International
Scientific and Practical Conference "Research, development and application of high technology in the industry. 06-08.12.2012,
St. Petersburg, Russia.
8. Ivanov-Polskiy К.V. Thermophysical criteria for small-diameter welded joints // Fourteenth International Scientific and Practical
Conference "Research, development and application of high technology in the industry. 06-08.12.2012, St. Petersburg, Russia
9. Kuimov Е.А. . The homogeneity properties of the brass band, annealed in a transverse magnetic field. / Kuimov Е.А. , Pevzner МZ.
// Fourteenth International Scientific and Practical Conference "Research, development and application of high technology in the
industry. 06-08.12.2012, St. Petersburg, Russia.
10. Pevzner M.Z. Processing, metallurgy and quality management of rolled Cu and Al. / Pevzner M.Z.// LAMBERT Academic
Publishing, Germany, ISBN: 978-659-13962-8, p.508 .
11. Pevzner М.Z. The energy method for the continuous monitoring and control of induction heat treatment of steel in a transverse
magnetic field. // Roll production / №2, 2012, pp. 27-31.
12. Pevzner М.Z. Induction of annealing ferrous roll results and prospects of implementation / Roll production / №11, 2011, pp. 28-
Patents and Copyrights
1. Patent RF № 83952, 27.06.09 , The apparatus for forming sheet products in
the process state of superplasticity. Apatov Yu.L., Apatov К.Yu., Tsepin М.А.,
Nguen Tchyong An. Supporting now
2. Patent RF № 2306996, 27.09.2007, A method for producing products of
blanks in a state of superplasticity. Apatov Yu.L., Apatov К.Yu., Tsepin М.А.,
Afrikantov А.А. Supporting now
3. Patent RF № 20051326611/22, 12.11.2007, Device for stamping in a state of
superplasticity. Apatov Yu.L., Apatov К.Yu., Tsepin М.А., Polyakov S.М.
4. Patent RF № 54541, 10.07.2006, Device for stamping in a state of
superplasticity. Apatov Yu.L., Apatov К.Yu., Tsepin М.А., Polyakov S.М.
5. etc., more than 150 patents and copyrights.
Over the past 7 years:
-109 scientific papers, including 14 articles in publications of Higher
- 5 monographs
- 3 articles in publications that are not included in the list of Higher
- 12 publications in the Proceedings of the International Conferences
- 70 papers in the collections of national and regional conferences
- 5 patents, including utility model
List of works
• Automation tools equipment of engineering industries design
• Automated machine tool modules for machining parts, including using industrial
• Statistical quality control of heat treatment and plastic processing
• Investigation of the process of superplastic forming products made from sheet
• Development of advanced processes - Electrohydroimpulse processing and powder
• Development of rapid method for determining the machinability of materials.
• Investigation of the influence of the build-up to the life of tool for stainless steels
List of works
• Error control devices research
• Process machining of high hardness and accurate
kinematic (external and internal) threads development
• Technological residual stresses and strains in the
processing of non-rigid cylindrical parts and prismatic
• Processing technology complex body parts through
the use of modern multi-purpose equipment
• Development projects on the development of non-
1. Dmitrovgrad plant for processing non-ferrous metals,
2. Polytechnic Institute, Poland, Chestokhov
3. National University of Science and Technology ”MISIS“
4. Vyatka Machinery Plant “AVITEC”
5. Kirov Plant “Mayak”
6. Electric Machine Building Plant ”Lepse”
7. JSC "Electroprivod“
8. JSC “VMP “AVITEC”
9. Ltd. “Akmash-Holding“
10. JSC “Kirov plant for processing non-ferrous metals”
11. JSC “Kirov Machine Building Plant ”1st May”
12. Research Institute of Computer Technology
13. JSC “Electric Machine Plant ”Velkont”, Kirovo-Chepetsk
14. JSC “Vesta”
15. JSC «Novo-Vyatka»
16. JSC “Kirov tool plant “Krasny Instrumentalshchik”
17. JSC “Kirskabel”
18. Ltd. “LUKOIL-Komi”, etc.