1 YEAR CO-OPT INDUSTRIAL TRAINING, UNDERTAKEN
“INFORMATICA BUSINESS SOLUTIONS PVT. LTD.”
“MDM (Master Data Management)”
“PRODUCT TESTING AND AUTOMATION”
What is Master Data Management?
Master data management (MDM) is a methodology that identifies the most
critical information within an organization—and creates a single source of its
truth to power business processes.
MDM involves a number of technology solutions, including data integration,
data quality, and business process management (BPM). It delivers:
• A single view of the data—Creating a single, authoritative view of
business-critical data from disparate, duplicate, and conflicting information
lets you see, for instance, that Rob Barnes and Robert Barnes are the same
• A 360-degree view of the relationships—Business rules let you identify the
relationships among the data, so you can combine data showing Robert
Barnes owns a Razor scooter with data showing he bought it at a Target
• A complete view of all interactions—Integrating the transactions and social
interactions that have occurred with that product, customer, channel
partner, or other data element gives you a complete view of that
“Program testing can be used to show the presence of defects, but never their
• What is Software Testing?
• • “Testing is the process of exercising or evaluating a system or system component
by manual or automated means to verify that it satisfies specified requirements, or
to identify differences between expected and actual results.” IEEE
• • “The process of executing a program or system with the intent of finding errors.”
• • “The measurement of software quality.” (Hetzel)
What Does Testing Involve?
• • Testing = Verification + Validation
• • Verification: building the product right.
• • Validation: building the right product.
• • A broad and continuous activity throughout the software life cycle.
• • An information gathering activity to enable the evaluation of our work, e.g. –
Does it meet the users’ requirements? – What are the limitations? – What are the
risks of releasing it?
Benefits of automated testing
70% faster than the manual testing
Wider test coverage of application features
Reliable in results
Saves Time and Cost
Human Intervention is not required while execution
Better speed in executing tests
Re-usable test scripts
Test Frequently and thoroughly
More cycle of execution can be achieved through
Tools used for testing
• Automated Unit Testing-Junit
• Regression Testing-IBM-RFT
• Acceptance Testing-IBM-RFT
• Continuous integration-Jenkins
• JUnit is a unit testing framework for the Java Programming Language. It is important in
the test driven development, and is one of a family of unit testing frameworks
collectively known as xUnit. JUnit promotes the idea of "first testing then coding",
which emphasis on setting up the test data for a piece of code which can be tested first
and then can be implemented. This approach is like "test a little, code a little, test a
little, code a little..." which increases programmer productivity and stability of program
code that reduces programmer stress and the time spent on debugging
• JUnit is an open source framework which is used for writing & running tests.
• Provides Annotation to identify the test methods.
• Provides Assertions for testing expected results.
• Provides Test runners for running tests.
• JUnit tests allow you to write code faster which increasing quality
• JUnit is elegantly simple. It is less complex & takes less time.
• JUnit tests can be run automatically and they check their own results and provide
immediate feedback. There's no need to manually comb through a report of test
• JUnit tests can be organized into test suites containing test cases and even other test
• IBM Rational® Functional Tester software enables the automation of functional
and regression testing. Designed with a deep understanding of Java™, Web, SAP,
Siebel and Microsoft® Visual Studio .NET Windows® Forms technologies, Rational
Functional Tester software combines a robust recorder of user actions with
multiple customization options and intelligent script maintenance capabilities to
help ensure a test creation and execution process that’s resilient in the face of
application change. Rational Functional Tester software— accessible to novices
and experts alike—is suitable for testers, GUI developers and anyone else on the
project team who needs to ensure effective software development.
• Rational Functional Tester Features
• The following are the key features of RFT. Use Add-ins to support multiple
• · Projects · Test Object Inspector
• · Test Object Map · Recording test scripts
• · Replay test scripts · Debug scripts · Java Scripting
• · Create Verification points – GUI, Bitmap, Menu
• · Databases sample scripts
• · Data Pool the test cases · Suite (Batch Run)
• Why Jenkins? Flexibility!
• Jenkins is a highly configurable system by itself
• The additional community developed plugins provide even more
• By combining Jenkins with Ant, Gradle, or other Build Automation
tools, the possibilities are limitless
• Jenkins is released under the MIT License
• There is a large support community and thorough documentation
• It’s easy to write plugins Think something is wrong with it? You can fix