There is nothing stopping an idea whose time has come. Indus
International University that was set up with the visionary idea
of taking higher education to the remote corners of Himachal
Pradesh, is now set to take its next step forward. Yes, it is our
conscious choice to further reach out to all corners of Himachal
and neighbouring States. In the last eleven years, Indus
International University, has emerged as a favorite destination
for quality education and continues to evince interest from far
and wide.Our infrastructure in terms of class-rooms, library, Computer
Centres, laboratories etc. are world class. Our faculty members are
from reputed institutions, with rich experience. Our academic rigour
are comparable to the best institutions in the country. Our past record of
placement of students in the industries, are demonstrative. Our current
focus is on improving the add-on qualifications of the students through
NPTEL, NDL, SWAYAM, MOOC, GIAN courses etc.As we review our performance in the last five
years, we are determined to take the next step forward. And that is not going to be just baby
steps, but a grand leap for our students. We have put together some of the best brains, best
hands and best resources to make it happen. Together we are destined to succeed.
Raman Iyer, PhD
and MBA from IIT,
International Partnerships of the
• University of Wales
• University of London International Programmes at the
Western International College (WINC) in RAK, UAE.
• University of Bolton, UK for Engineering & Business
• Limerick Institute of Technology, Ireland: MOU for
faculty & Student Exchange
• Herzing University, USA: MOU for faculty & Student
• Malaysia, Tie-up for faculty Exchange & PhD
Our International presence
• India : Mumbai,
Himachal Pradesh, Una
• Dubai: Western International College (WINC)
in RAK, UAE
• Sri Lanka
IIU is sponsored by Kartha Education Society (Mumbai)
Established by the Indus International University (Establishment
and Regulation) Act, 2009, with the right to confer degree as per
sections 2f and 22 of the UGC Act 1956.
Recognized by the UGC: F.No 8-11/2010 (CPP-I/PU) dated 12th
Included in the list of universities maintained by the UGC under
section-2 (f) of UGC Act 1956.
Vision & Mission
The Indus International University will be recognized nationally
and internationally as a leader in providing innovative
educational opportunities for learners within the global society.
The Mission of the Indus International University is to provide a
high quality, contemporary world class undergraduate and post
graduate education to its students and produce graduates who
will be well prepared for a globally interdependent but culturally
diverse society and be leaders in their respective professions.
IIU Steps to ideal career
A place of visit for
Knowledge, Wisdom and Accomplishment.
• Industry Integrated program options
• International curriculum modeled on US University
• Transferable Credit based system
• Ready for Articulation / Transfer agreements with
• Personal Attention (Faculty Advisory Scheme)
• Student Centric Environment
• In-house technical/soft skill enhancement expertise
1. Ideally Developed Land with serene picturesque environment.
2. Ideal Academic location on hill top of Una district in Himachal Pradesh.
3. Excellent Infrastructure with Qualified, Experienced, Competent & Caring Faculty.
4. Modern Laboratory and Workshop Facilities.
5. State-of-the-art Computer Center.
6. Internet Facilities and Wi-Fi enabled campus.
7. Spacious and well equipped Library with Vast collection of Books.
8. Tutorial & Advisory Services to Students.
9. Effective Industry- Institute Interaction & Real time projects.
11. Training & Placement and Counseling Services.
12. Special Programs for Improving Soft-skills and Employability Enhancement Skills.
13. Excellent Play Field, Indoor Games Facilities.
14. Fleet of University-owned Bus Services.
15. Comfortable & Affordable separate hostels for Girl’s & boys.
16. Visiting Doctors & Health Care Facilities.
17. Personal Attention through Faculty Advisory Scheme.
18. An University by Academicians.
Salient features of IIU
1) Highly Educated and informed management with Enriched Advisory Body.
2) Regular Teaching schedule with project based practical lab emphasis.
3) Special Facilities like: Extra Classes and Mock Tests for better results.
4) Regular Seminars held on all aspects of Engg, Management and Human development.
5) Ample opportunity for cultural, creative & sports activities for all round development.
6) Integrated Personality Development Program.
7) Regular Industry Placement Oriented Program from first semester onwards.
8) Student Centric career counseling and specialized expertise is imparted through T&P
9) Active Feedback mechanism with internet based communication system.
Our functional Cells
• Industry Interaction & Placement Cell (IIU-IIPC)
• Setting up of Research & Development Cell (IIU-RDC)
• Setting up of Inter-University Collaboration Cell (IIU-IUCC)
• IIU E- campus environment(IIU-e Campus)
• IIU Information system (IIU-IS)
• IIU Parent Interaction Cell (IIU-PIC)
• IIU Alumni Association (IIU-AA)
• IIU Entrepreneurship Development Cell (IIU-EDC)
• IIU Innovation & Incubation Cell (IIU-IIC)
• IIU consultancy Cell (IIU-CC)
National/ International partnerships
• ISIM, Jaipur: signed
• Thapar University: Exchange of expertise began
• IIT, Ropar: Experts with project guidance and seminars began
• IIT Mandi: Part of consortium of Universities of Himachal
• NIT Hamirpur : Exchange of expertise began
• Limerick Institute of Technology, Ireland
• Herzing University, USA
• Management Sciences University, Malaysia
Seat Matrix: Engineering Technology
Sl. No B. Tech M. Tech Total
60 18 78
Science & Engg
60 ----- 60
3 Electrical and Electronics
60 ----- 60
60 18 78
Total 240 36 276
• We make our students ready for the competitive world.
• Additional options along with Degrees: we offer Diplomas/Certificates.
For example: Advance Diploma in Banking, Insurance Studies, Total
Certificate in Import & Export.
• International Outlook: Huge career option for our students.
• Industry Integrated Plans.
• Regional Development focus.
• Courage to take lead and show a different I6 approach to success to
impact lives of youth.
• Parents, Students, Faculty and Management are together in taking
Partnership in Education
with Schools & Industries
To equip students with skills to be at par .
Work with Schools to support their cause
and Bridge the gap with Industry partners.
What actually is made Possible
IIU offers to host inter school / college events.
higher degrees and training for teachers.
preparatory mock JEE and Board Exams.
setting up of Electronic library resource.
language skills improvement of faculty and students.
IIU offer free learning to school students through Indus UDAAN Scheme.
We are closely working with FICCI, CII, Industry representatives of
III. Curriculum Development
IV. Faculty & Students Development.
We welcome partnerships with Industries and are in the process of
forming an Industry Academia Forum for Himachal Pradesh.
Education for students need not be a
burden on their parents.
Assistance for education
loan from Punjab National
Bank, anywhere in India.
1. Faculty & students attended workshop at Thappar Institute Patiala & NIT
2. Faculty & Students presented and published Research papers.
3. Orientation programs done for all new recruits and Specific Orientation
programs on Industry orientation & Personality Development conducted.
4. Placement weeks organized.
5. IIU worked in association with Industry and Institutions to train students
in the areas of Civil Engg, MCA, CSE, E&C and Mechanical in Software like
Blender, Open FOAM, C, C++, Linux etc.
6. Various companies conducted a seminar.
7. Organized Inter school & Inter Univ Cultural & sports competitions.
8. We participated in various national NSS camps.
9. MOU with renouned institutions.
Staff & Students of IIU at Thappar, Patiala
IIU got Award From CM Himachal
Road Safety Champion 2019
Vice Chancellor IIU Participated in 10 Km
Marathom Organized by NFL Nangal in 2020