Be the first to like this
How to Ask Your Boss for Work from Home
Asking the “work from home” question. The 10 essentials you need to know to get your boss (or ex-boss) to agree!
I was asked this question ....
“I want to work from home, but how do I email my boss to ask for work from home”
1. Have your reason why …. Know you’re reason why. It’s the most important thing.
2. It’s not all a bed of roses! _ some tough love so be prepared
3. Do you have the right personality … (3 important must have qualities you’ll need >>>
4. Are you kitted up to work from home? Do you have the right tools and technology?
5. Start working on your work from home resume reputation long before you ask “the work from home” question.
6. Prepare in advance - detail what parts of your role could be done from home. Start making your case
7. Prepare a list of positives … “what’s in it for them”
8. Prepare for objections that might be raised …
̣̣̣̣9. Present your proposal – ask the question… (will depend on the personality
10. Offer a trial “work from home” alternative work schedule first!
More resources and help to do that on our website. www.virtualteamintelligence.com.