Vijaydev S R :email@example.com
To work in an organization where professionalism and enthusiasm are recognized. Looking to work in an
environment which encourages continuously acquiring skills in emerging technologies and which helps
me contribute to the organization and grow as an individual.
• Working in IBM INDIA PVT LTD as a Test specialist with 5.3 years of experience
• 5.2 years of total experience in Manual Testing(Sanity testing, Functional testing, Integration,
Regression testing and Agile testing)
• Having working Experience in Manual testing for Telecom, Chemical and Insurance domains
• Currently working in Guidewire Insurance applications System testing, Business flow testing for
Amica Insurance for Auto, Home insurance
• Got best performer of the year award in 2011
• ISTQB Certified Tester
• CSM(Certified Scrum Master) Certified
• Proficient in Test Case Preparation
• Defect Tracking and Reporting
• Having knowledge of SQL
• Having Knowledge of Rational tools(RCQ)
• Ability to manage multiple tasks. A reliable, dependable worker and quick learner
• Good problem solving skills. Right attitude to learn and work
• Intended to contribute to the Company’s success through hard work and presentation of innovative
IBM India Pvt Ltd Bangalore (July 21-07-2011 to Till Date)
• Languages : Java SE/EE(OOPS concepts),SQL
• Web Enterprise : HTML.
• Operating Systems : MS Windows 2000/XP
• Databases : MySQL
• IDE’s : Eclipse
• Used QC or ALM to place test cases and execute
• Used ALM and Clear quest to raise defects
• Testing Methodologies: Sanity testing, Functional testing, Integration, Regression testing,Agile
testing methodologies, Guidewire Testing.
• Mtech in Information Technology,RV college, Bengaluru with 70% (2011)
• Bachelor of Engineering in E and C, AIT College, Chikmagalur with 62.84%. (2008)
• PUC in Govt Junior College, Chikmagalur with 77.33%. (2004)
• SSLC in St. Joseph’s Boys High School with 77.44%. (2002)
A. Telecom Project-Manual(Worked for Bell Canada Client under Bell Canada Thistle project)
1. BRS 25 release:
Within the release there were number of projects like, credit screener, FTTN speed tier,
multimax(Validation of Order max application with different offers and stop sold offers applied for
different Line of Business like Internet, Homphone, TV)
2. BRS 25.2 release: Validation of Order max application with different offers and stop sold offers
applied for different Line of Business like Internet, Homphone, and TV
3. BRS 26.1 release: Validation of Order max application with different offers and stop sold offers
applied for different Line of Business like Internet, Homephone, and TV
4. BRS 28 release: Validation of correct decision codes and mapping flowing to the backend system
when order is submitted from Order max
5. BRS 30 release: Validation of Drivers license number and Drivers license province flowing to the
backend systems when it is entered in the credit information page of Ordermax
6. CCE- EHS: Customer communication Engine and Event handling system
Environment: CCE-EHS environment (Email and XML validation)
7. MEC: Monthly Emailing Capability
Environment: MEC environment (IVR, SMS, Email validation through Soap Box)
8. HIDS-Single View (CRM testing)
Environment: Single View CRM application, Billing account number(Activities like Adjustments,
payment transfer, Refund, Balance transfer, Email validation using one bill account with 4 line of
business; Homephone, Internet, TV and Mobility)
9. Wireline Voice pricing
Environment: Billing jobs should be completed (Invoice Validation)
9. QST- Quebec Sales Tax
Environment: Database (Activities like job creation and testing those created jobs in Database)
10. Sales Quotation: Testing of Order Max application using Order max tool. Validating Quotations in
the form of email once customer orders products or when customer modifies ordered product.
B. Oil project(Shell Oil Project):
NAM Earthquake Preventive Strengthening:
Shell is an organization mainly into Upstream and Downstream oil operations. The Upstream Business is
made up of the businesses Exploration & Production and Gas & Power. The Downstream business
comprises of businesses such as Oil products and Chemicals. Shell operates in over 140 countries
worldwide. And has implemented SAP and rolled out across 85 countries.
C. Guidewire testing for Amica Insurance (Oct’2013 till date)
Description: Working on Guidewire testing for Auto, Home Insurance in Policy Center, Claim Center,
and Billing Center applications.
Technologies: Guidewire testing, HP-ALM, SQL, CQ.
Client: Amica Insurance.
• Writing Integration and System test cases from Business ProcessFlow Document (BPF), Metrics,
Test Case Data Variation (TCDV), and User stories and getting approval from Client SME.
• Setting up test data in upstream applications.
• Test execution in Policy Center, Billing Center.
• Defect tracking and defect management
Roles and Responsibilities
• Giving KT’s to new joiners
• Understanding the Client Requirements and functionality of the system.
• Prepare and Execution of test cases as per requirement.
• Involved in preparing the traceability matrix.
• Preparing Defect Report and assigning the defects to developer.
• Involved in System and Functional testing.
• Mapping functional requirements with test cases.
• Retesting the cases where defect has been raised
• In every execution did functional testing, regression testing, Adhoc testing, Normalization
• Worked as Team lead, Team member, Release lead and even did Manager oriented job in one of
• Involved in doing technical part of the Assessment which is the first phase of every project (says
about the cost of the project depending on the environment and number of test cases required for
Present Address : OM Shree Manjunatha Nilayam,
Thimmareddy Layout, Horamavu Main Road
Permanent Address : S/o N.Ramaswamy,
UTI Chief Representative,
Date of Birth : 04th
Nationality : Indian
Languages known : English, Kannada, Hindi
I hereby declare that the information above provided is true to the best of my knowledge.
Date : ______________________
Place : Bangalore (Vijaydev S R)