Vijay Nallawala, Wellness Warrior, successfully lives with Bipolar Disorder and is founder of BipolarIndia. A Mental Health Activist, his talk on BipolarIndia's WORLD BIPOLAR DAY Conference, Mumbai on March 30th, 2019 was on how can we transcend Bipolar Disorder.
We know that Bipolar Disorder is a serious Mental Illness often requiring medication over one's lifetime. However with determination, a holistic approach, focus and discipline one can conquer and transcend this illness.
Yes, recovery is possible and one can live life fully.
His talk delineated the steps needed to walk towards recovery.
• That you have a serious Mental Illness
• That it might entail medication for a lifetime
• Making the emotional &
• Medication as prescribed
• Visits to Psychiatrist/
Therapist as per schedule
• Avoidance: Alcohol, recreational drugs
• Cooperation with family/caregivers
• That you have the ability to cope with
whatever challenges that come your way
• That your troubles are temporary →
Better days are in store.
• That you will be able to live a life of fulfillment
• Overcome → Fear of winning
Let’s change the narrative around mental illness..
From Mental illness to mental wellness
From Mental wellness to 360 degree wellness
From wellness to living life fully.
The shift happens when we first have belief in
the end goal.