Current trends of global
By: Victor Soroka
Senior Talent Acquisition Manager
8+ years in recruiting
5+ years in IT
Author of “It’s all about recruiting” blog
• Evolution of Talent Acquisition. Sourcing as part of recruiting process
• Talent Acquisition software – history and current trends
• “Uberization” of everything - can recruiters be replaced?
• XXI organizational models - what we should be prepared for
Our agenda for today?
Talent Acquisitions evolution
Why recruiting/sourcing is deferent today?
• Hiring high skilled employees
• Passive candidates engagement
• Sourcing as important part of recruiting process
• Data and Metrics
Evolution of Talent Acquisition. Sourcing as part of recruiting
Sources of key quality hires?
• Job Boards are still important source of hire
• Social professional networks impact increased
drastically within last 4 years
• RPO’s/Staffing decreased notably
* 2015 Global Recruiting Trends 4th Annual
Passive candidates recruiting
• Global Average – 61% of companies approach passive
• Only 25% of candidates are active on the market
• Attracting High-Skill talents is the top priorities for
recruiting leaders globally
• Companies care more and more about quality of hire
• Sourcing is important for everyone
Sourcing as part of Talent Acquisition
More and more companies introduce separate sourcing function within Talent
We expect more companies to create
“The biggest focus this year is to create a
new sourcing team to build pipelines for
our hard to fill roles,” wrote one
Another employer wrote of placing an
“emphasis on the sourcing of our hires in
2014 with identified full-time sourcers in
the identified markets.”
• Evolution of ATS
• Referral recruiting/Social Recruiting/Mobile recruiting
• Predictive analytics and jobs/candidates matching
• Recruiting platforms as next step in recruiting software
Talent Acquisition software – history and current
ATS or HRM or Excel?
An applicant tracking system (ATS) is a software application that
enables the electronic handling of recruitment needs.
• Talent Branding
Majority of existing ATS were created exactly for tracking
You can not find everything in one place – easy integration is the key
• Uber story and evolution
• Shared Economy Leaders
• “Uberization of everything” - what we can expect next?
• Uberization of recruiting?
“Uberization” of everything - can recruiters be
• 8 000 000 + users
• 160 000 drivers
• 290 cities
• 1 000 000 rides per day
• 14000+ cars in NY
• 41 000 000 000 $ - company capitalization
UBER Story and evolution
• Started in 2009
• First cars on the road 2010
Shared Economy Leaders
“Uberization” of everything?
• Freelance recruiters become more and more popular
• Bonuses for external referrals
• Recruiters Skype chats
“Uberization” of everything
It’s actually happening in our day to day life
here in CIS…
• Organizational structures of XX century
• Why it doesn’t work today?
• Employee Engagement trends
• Work-life balance
• New engagement model – more freedom
XXI organizational models - what we should be
What is wrong with current employment?
How long do you anticipate staying with your current employer?
• 37% expect to stay for less than 2 years…
• 90% of them intend to stay with their current employer for no more
than 5 years
London Business School Research – young executives (under 30)
• 1,3 billion virtual workers by 2020
• 72% of Europeans who takes their Iphone/Ipad to bed (under 25
years old – 98%)
• One hour during work day spend on Facebook and other social
• 1,5 hours per day spend on work related issues during holidays and
New models of employee engagement
• New organizational structures with less focus on management and
• Feeling of ownership
• Why am I doing this?
• Ability to influence