Successfully reported this slideshow.
We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads. You can change your ad preferences anytime.
Upcoming SlideShare
What to Upload to SlideShare
Next
Download to read offline and view in fullscreen.

Share

The Final 10 Percent - Vicki Jakes @ Brighton SEO

Download to read offline

It is often noted that the last part of any digital project is usually the hardest and takes the longest.
Why is this and what makes the last part of any digital project this difficult?
This talk will aim to focus on common project failings that I have seen again and again in the final stages and provide actionable advice for all team members involved in creating websites to help deliver better projects.

Related Books

Free with a 30 day trial from Scribd

See all

Related Audiobooks

Free with a 30 day trial from Scribd

See all

The Final 10 Percent - Vicki Jakes @ Brighton SEO

  1. 1. Vicki Jakes @heyvickijakes The Final 10 Percent
  2. 2. How many people here have worked on difficult projects?
  3. 3. “The first 90 percent of the code accounts for the first 90 percent of the development time...
  4. 4. ...The remaining 10 percent of the code accounts for the other 90 percent of the development time.”
  5. 5. (2009) 25% FAIL 20-25% NO ROI 50% REWORK
  6. 6. (2018) 31% FAIL GOALS 43% OVER BUDGET 48% OVER RUN
  7. 7. Have we become the “Snapchat” generation that can’t focus long-term?
  8. 8. The Pharma Project
  9. 9. The Pharma Project
  10. 10. The Finance Project
  11. 11. The Finance Project
  12. 12. The App Project
  13. 13. The App Project
  14. 14. BLAME THE PROJECT MANAGER.
  15. 15. 1. Scope
  16. 16. Input from experts Agreement of when scope creeps Willingness to be flexible
  17. 17. 1. Scope 2. Leader ship
  18. 18. “Executive Sponsor Engagement is the Top Driver of Effective Strategy Delivery”
  19. 19. YOU THE END OF THE PROJECTLOOKING AT MEMES ON SOCIAL MEDIA
  20. 20. ACCOUNT -ABLITY
  21. 21. 1. Scope 2. Leader ship 3. Process
  22. 22. Agree process Stick to it! This links back to leadership
  23. 23. 1. Scope 2. Leader ship 3. Process
  24. 24. “83% percent of project managers report digital transformation has either moderately or dramatically impacted their work over the past five years.”
  25. 25. Focusing on improving your process works!
  • ChrisDrury6

    Oct. 5, 2018
  • MartinMcCabe1

    Oct. 1, 2018

It is often noted that the last part of any digital project is usually the hardest and takes the longest. Why is this and what makes the last part of any digital project this difficult? This talk will aim to focus on common project failings that I have seen again and again in the final stages and provide actionable advice for all team members involved in creating websites to help deliver better projects.

Views

Total views

1,309

On Slideshare

0

From embeds

0

Number of embeds

0

Actions

Downloads

24

Shares

0

Comments

0

Likes

2

×