What is Prostitution ?
Forms of Prostitution
Reasons to Prostitution
World on Legalisation of Prostitution
India on Legalization of Prostitution
3. What is Prostitution ? 3
•Prostitution is the business or practice of engaging in
sexual relations in exchange for payment or some
other benefit. Prostitution is sometimes described as
•A person who works in this field is called a prostitute,
and is a kind of sex
worker. Prostitution is one of the branches of the sex
4. Forms of Prostitution 4
Direct Forms of Prostitution Indirect Forms of Prostitution
1. Street: Clients solicited on the street, park or
other public places.
Bondage and discipline: sexual fantasy through role
2. Brothel: Premises explicitly dedicated to
Lap dancing: A development involving erotic
dancing at close quarters.
3. Escort: Client contacts sex worker by phone or
via hotel staff.
Massage parlour: Premises ostensibly dedicated to
4. Private: Client contacts sex worker by
Travelling entertainers: Persons involved in
entertainment may also provide sexual services
5. Window or doorway: Brothels with sex
workers on public display.
Beer girls: Young women hired by major companies to
promote and sell products in bars.
5. Reasons to Prostitution
The Women :
• Some women have stated that they are attracted by the large sums of
money they can earn while they are still young.
• Others see it as a way to pay for university education and further
advancement. Most state that they intend to leave the business once
they have earned the amount they want or need.
• They also see themselves as helping men save their marriages by
supplying something they cannot get at home, or helping them
chase away loneliness when they are on business trips.
6. . . . continued
The Men :
• Believing they are ugly and unable to have sex without paying for it.
• Wanting sex but without all of emotional involvement that comes
with a girlfriend, marriage and family; wanting casual sex with no
• Being convinced that their genitalia is too small and that any
average woman would laugh at and reject them.
10. Why it’s a NO ?
• View of a 16 year old girl : By legalizing prostitution, you are agreeing to using
women and girls as merchandise. With prostitution comes a high risk of exposure to
street crimes, as well as violence characterized by bodily harm, health hazards and
mental trauma. Prostitution promotes unsafe sex, woman inequality & is overall just
• View 2 : The moral fabric of society is already rottening! A wife already has to worry
about her husband cheating...making this legal is not only wrong but immoral. If
someone wants to be immoral they should have a legal right to do so. Would you
want your daughter to think of this as a profession...because if it is made legal it
could become as normal as working as a secretary! If a woman wants to be immoral
and a man wants to be immoral then both should suffer the consequences of the law
11. . . . continued
• View 3 : Prostitution shouldn't be legalized, it's a shameful way to make
a living, and it can be ruinous to individuals if they are exposed for
using prostitutes. Legalizing prostitution would be bad in many ways.
Too many young women would see this as a way to earn a living and
when they get older they will be without skills, except for sex, and the
fact is, anyone can do that.
• View 4 : If any one of you can honestly claim that you'd be okay with
your mother, sister, daughter or friend becoming a prostitute, then this
world has gotten far darker than I had ever imagined. Stop arguing
that women have a right to do what they want with their bodies, and
start teaching them to love and respect their bodies!
12. Why it’s a YES ?
• View 1 : I think it should be legal because it would help reduce rapes, human
trafficking, and murders. It is also a way for some people who don't have jobs to
get one. It would also help to reduce the amount of gang violence because there
would be no need for pimp/gang to keep the prostitute safe.
• View 2: People have the right to do whatever they want with their bodies. Who are
we to tell others what to do ? If you're afraid your spouse would cheat on you then
it's your problem, why blame the prostitutes ? And there are male prostitutes too, so
this issue has nothing to do with gender.And why is it immoral ? Who gets to
decide what's immoral and what's not ?
13. . . . continued
• View 3 : Prostitution has been around since the beginning of mankind. Most anti-
prostitution laws were passed over 100 years ago. It happens every day throughout
the world, so why not make money off it and reduce the risk in it? It is simply two
consenting adults exchanging a service for money. It should not be any more illegal
than a plumber or maid.
• View 4 : They are trying to make a living like all people there job should be
legalized its not like they are raping people they getting paid for what they do they
enjoy what they do for a living they got nice bodies and they don't have to worry
about looking after babies because they clean there wombs
15. My view on Legalization of Prostitution
It Would Make Sex Workers Healthier.
Legal Prostitution Would Reduce Violence And Sex Crimes.
It Would Protect Minors ( children and girls ).
It Could Help Us Fight Against Human-Trafficking.
Prostitution Is A Victimless Crime.
16. . . . continued
It Could Save The Country A Lot Of Money.
Legalization Could Benefit A Government ThroughTaxes.
It Would Give The Sex Workers Employment Rights.
Prostitution Can’t Be Prevented.
Sex Workers Have The Right ToTheir Body.