VANESSA ANN TREVINO
7452 Sienna Ridge Lane, Fort Worth, Texas, 76131
817-821-0039 (c) firstname.lastname@example.org
To acquire a management position with an organization seeking a fast learner driven to action with expertise in customer
service, collections, and bankruptcy.
Accomplished and energetic manager with exceptional interpersonal skills and an appreciation for providing first-rate customer service to
clients, business partners, attorneys, trustees, and team members. Successful in overall operations in a customer service, collections, or
bankruptcy environment for over fifteen years in a variety of settings. A motivational leader with strong analytical and organizational skills
who has demonstrated an ability to identify and troubleshoot critical issues and is committed to the highest levels of ethical, professional
and personal excellence.
Expertise in juggling multiple duties and responsibilities while remaining consistent, efficient and adaptable.
Over 7 years of experience in management and supervision and a proven record of innovative and effective staff development.
A skilled communicator, able to synthesize and deliver complex information to diverse audiences.
Bilingual in English and Spanish spoken, written and read fluently.
SANTANDER CONSUMER USA/CITIFINANCIAL AUTO, North Richland Hills, Texas, February 2004 – June 2015
Bankruptcy Litigation Manager, November 2011-June 2015
Reviewed, monitored and directed Bankruptcy processes, ensuring company policies and procedures, as well as State and Federal laws, are
followed on pre and post charge off accounts, including but not limited to all Chapter -13, Chapter 11, and Chapter – 7 Bankruptcy
• Served as a liaison between Santander and outside agencies, attorneys, and Trustees.
• Supervised and evaluated assigned team members ensuring performance standards were met while promoting a productive and
cooperative work environment.
• Determined repossessions on qualified Bankruptcy accounts through the filing of motion for reliefs.
• Trained on how to read plans, review and determine treatment, and if further litigation was needed.
• Trained and worked out of Pacer/Banko to review court documents.
• Provided training and motivation to team members, ensuring compliance with policies and procedures with the Fair Debt Collection
Practices Act and Bankruptcy Code.
• Monitored team member customer calls for training purposes and audited accounts for accuracy and timely updates by associates.
• Actively participated in report development.
• Maintained all Policy and Procedure manuals.
• Interviewed and recommended for hire prospective employees.
• Accurately reviewed and validated court documents, account data, and referrals to local counsel.
• Processed Loan Modifications when plan treatment is verified or reaffirmation agreement modifications are made.
• Requested litigation action to protect SCUSA’s interest in the collateral.
• Ensured debtor is paying SCUSA in accordance with the Bankruptcy plan or the terms of the contract.
• Reviewed Inbound calls via Intercept/Overflow in accordance w/ Quality Assurance (QA) requirements.
Back-End Collections Manager, September 2007 – November 2011
Reviewed, monitored and directed all call, account and/or collection activities. Priorities included coaching, developing, attendance
tracking, training and motivation of a team of collectors with the objective of preventing and minimizing losses.
• Directly supervised, trained, and developed staff in customer service and collection skills and competencies to maximize productivity,
the potential of collecting delinquent accounts, and providing one call resolution.
VANESSA ANN TREVINO Page 2
• Discussed and reviewed call/account and/or collection activity regularly with associates to ensure consistent practices in accordance
with all state and federal laws.
• Maintained customer satisfaction, delinquency and charge-off levels.
• Identified process improvements and procedural challenges, recommending appropriate solutions.
• Completed monthly and interim performance reviews.
• Continually evaluated and enhanced workflow to implement best practices.
• Implemented new concepts to ensure objectives were obtained while reducing costs and increasing staff motivation and satisfaction.
• Maintained a comprehensive working knowledge of all systems, policies and procedures.
• Documented employee activity including attendance, training, and other employee-related issues.
• Monitored associates’ calling queues and volume to ensure accounts are worked according to business strategy and within Quality
• Planned and organized collection activities based on business strategies and compiled/analyzed statistical data relative to productivity.
• Coordinated company objectives with Skip and Reinstatement Managers.
• Monitored and resolved high-risk accounts.
• Compiled and analyzed statistical data relative to productivity.
• Monitored electronic time keeping system for all direct reports to ensure integrity as well as resolved issues such as missed punches,
overtime, and PTO prior to the end of each payroll cycle.
• Continuously protected the Santander/Citi Financial brand from negative exposure.
• Administered associate-related disciplinary actions.
Senior Account Resolution Specialist/Team Lead, February 2004 – September 2007
Primarily focused on maintaining and reducing delinquency on accounts while minimizing losses through repossession. Responsible for
resolving all accounts to a current status. Worked with little or no supervision, to exercise discretion and good judgment when making
decisions about accounts, and to represent the company in a professional manner.
• Collected in accordance with all state and federal laws inclusive of Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
• Handled skip tracing and repossession activity on pre/post charge off accounts.
• Made effective use of Prime Time calling periods.
• Ensured that all accounts in the calling queue are worked according to business strategy.
• Independently evaluated each loan and determined the best course of action for the customer in resolving the problem permanently.
• Independently negotiated with the customer on repayment schedules deferrals, and write- offs.
• Met monthly standards and expectations for potential losses, delinquency, charge-offs, repossessions, and clearing ratios.
• Successfully utilized all collection tools provided by management, including, but not limited to, extensions, hardship modifications,
reinstatements, and repair claims to make the best business decision for the company and the customer.
• Adhered to all company policies and procedures.
Senior Collections Representative, July 2000 – February 2004
Collect and control past-due accounts. Audit and correct errors to customers' accounts and perform other customer service functions.
• Contacted customers of delinquent accounts that were from 1 to 151 days past due, by phone and received incoming calls.
• Advised customers of their account status and obtain payments to bring accounts current, or recommend repossession assignment as
may be appropriate.
• Conducted skip-tracing work to “locate” good customer contact information and locate vehicles for customers.
• Negotiated acceptable payment arrangements with customers.
• Provided exceptional customer service and maintained a high level of integrity.
• Met or exceeded established collection and productivity goals including, but not limited to, promises to pay, contract rates, dollars
collected, roll rates, delinquency, and other metrics.
• Conduct work with consistent adherence to the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act and deal with issues in a manner that is in the best
interest of the company and business objectives.
• Audit accounts and research inquiries from customers on delinquency disputes and correct or collect as required.
• Research and perform loan corrections (i.e. input errors, payroll codes, posting errors, etc.).
University of Texas at Arlington, 1998 – Current
Working on Bachelors of Degree in Business Management, GPA 3.2