Speaker Preparation Timeline
Review event program run of show with speaker.
Provide storytelling brainstorm questions.
1/20 (6 weeks from event)
Select speaker story.
Review story structure with speaker.
Request first draft by 2/7.
1/27 (5 weeks from event)
Check in with speaker and answer questions.
2/3 (4 weeks from event)
Review revised draft with event team.
Provide feedback to speaker.
Request revised draft by 2/14.
2/10 (3 weeks from event)
Rehearse ask with speaker.
Suggest minor tweaks, if needed.
Request final speech by 2/17.
2/17 (2 weeks from event)
Provide speaker agenda and logistics.
Sends notes of gratitude and encouragement.
2/24 (1 week from event)
1. What do you remember about your experience with math
as a child?
2. If you were a number, what number would you be and
3. As a teacher, why do you love most about our program?
4. How our program transformed the life of one of your
What was the struggle?
The turnaround point?
How was the student’s life changed for the better?
5. Why should someone donate to our program?