Responsibilities of a Frontend Developer
● The part of the website that the users interact with, is called frontend. The visible aspects of the website are a
part of its frontend. The menu on the site, the sliders and the header and footer is all controlled by a set of
important technologies that a frontend developer must be familiar with include: Backbone, Angular JS, Ember
JS, Foundation and Bootstrap. This ensures that the interface of the website looks good, irrespective of the
device. Besides that, knowledge of jQuery and Less is equally important. For dynamic loading of pages. the
knowledge of AJAX is helpful as well.
● Frontend development involves the development of mockups and wireframes of the look and feel of the website.
A front end developer works along with designers and UX specialists in bringing out the best experience for the
website. The business goals also need to be carefully understood, so that the website frontend can be
developed accordingly. As a good frontend developer, one must have good visualisation skills to understand,
what the end result will look like. A frontend end developer must add value to the experience that the user is
going to get, from using the platform.
Brief Summary of Frontend
● To develop all the aspects of the site that are visible to the user
● To work along with design, UX and marketing teams to bring out the desired results from the
● Ensure that the UX of the website is up to the mark
Responsibilities of a Backend Developer
● All of the data in the platform that requires storage, forms the part of the backend of the website. The main
components of the backend include: an application, a database and a server. The existence of the user facing
side of the website is dependent on the back-end. This technology is built and managed by the backend
● The key languages that a backend developer must be proficient in, include PHP, Python, Ruby, Java and .NET.
Other tools that backend developers use, include: MySQL, Oracle and SQL. These are used to serve the data
back to the frontend code. Backend developers also need knowledge of specific PHP frameworks - some of the
common being, Zend, Symfony and Cake PHP. Knowledge of version control software like CVS , GIT or SVN is
equally important along with Linux, used for development and deployment purposes.
● Based on these tools and techniques a backend developer has to develop a code that’s reliable and efficient.
The backend developer has access to other team members to understand the goals of the website and come
up with effective solutions.
Brief Summary of Backend
● Writing code pertaining to the data related to the backend of the site
● Knowledge of key backend development frameworks, tools and software
● Understanding the goals of the website and write the code in the most efficient manner
● Here are the average salaries of various types of web development.
Choosing The Right Partner
A business looking to hire expert frontend as well as back end developers, must hire the services of an
agency like ValueCoders. The company provides highly trained and dedicated resources for on-
time completion of development projects. The cost of hiring a dedicated developer from
ValueCoders ranges from $24000 – $30,000/year. This helps business save a lot as compared to
hiring developers that work In-house.
Get in Touch