● Investment In Technology
● Multi-Channel Data
● Improved Level of Personalization
● Customer Segmentation
● Using Big Data Effectively
● Internet of Things
● Big data is getting a lot of interest from retail marketers in today’s times. Retailers are looking for
new ways to get more and more data for improving the marketing efforts of the business.
● One has to understand how to effectively utilize previous data and future data for getting better
results for the business. Identifying business decisions effectively helps a lot. The total amount of
data, keeps growing for retailers.
● This data can be used for gaining more insights into the consumer behaviour and improve the
level of conversions.
Investment In Technology
● Big data is becoming easier to store, with storage space becoming cheaper by the day. The
trend for retailers now is to invest in big data storage on a large scale. Managing the data
effectively and making it useful for analytics is the core focus for retailers at this point.
● The spend on business intelligence and infrastructure is going to grow., going forward.
Looking for Agile teams for your big data projects?
ValueCoders provides expert Agile teams for all
kinds of business projects.
● The increasing number of devices such as mobile phones and tablets have increased the
amount of data that is being created. Every level of customer interaction is recorded in big data
for retail. The purchase history of each and every customer can be observed and this can be
analysed to understand what all he prefers to purchase and when.
● The volume of data is very large and this has to be segregated to be made more useful.
Improved Level Of Personalization
● Understanding the exact preferences of the consumer is now possible with big data. The return
on investment shoots up considerably with increased personalization for the consumer. Since
consumers are interested in offers and discounts, they do-not find it a problem to share their
● Analytics can now be done on real time basis the best suited offers can be provided to the
customer, based on business intelligence.
● Finding the most profitable customers is one of the most challenging aspects of big data for
retail. Making sure that the most important customers are given the kind of attention they
deserve is a must.
● Once the proper customer segmentation is in place, one can provide the relevant offers to those
Using Big Data Effectively
● Big data needs to be used effectively to reach the right set of people with the right messaging.
Big data makes use of very specific audiences to bring out the best conversion rate for a retail
business. Many retail marketers fail to bring out the right results for the business because of
lack of understanding of how to make the data usable and how to analyse it.
● Technology has to be fully prepared and used for big data usage and integration.
Internet of Things
● On of the most popular and recent trends in big data that is helping the retail industry is driving
consumer engagement is Internet of Things. The IoT devices can be easily connected with the
in data systems to generate data about consumer behaviour and actions.
● The IOT technology has been a boon for retail in making it easier to gather customer data.
Get in Touch