A flexi-time is a system
whereby employees are
required to work a specific
number of hrs a week but are
free to vary the hrs of work
within certain limits.
All employees should be at
there job during the common
core period they are free to
vary there schedule during
flexible hrs & plan there
7am to 9 am Starting time
9am to 11.30am Core time
11.30am to 1pm Flexible lunch time
(half an hour)
1pm to 4pm Core time
4pm to 6pm Flexible time for
Total hours of work should be 8 for a day
Advantages of Flexi-Time
1. Better productivity and morale
2. Reduced tardiness and absenteeism
3. Employees decide their duty timings, their morale could be
4. Reduced employee turnover
5. Increase in work-consciousness rather than time-consciousness
6. No late-coming
7. Better equipment and facilities utilization
8. Less over-time pay
9. Recruiting will be easier, even housewives and part-time
employees will be attracted
10. Less supervision
11. Outside impact—No rush in shop, traffic jam, rush in canteen,
cinema house etc.
Disadvantages of Flexi-Time
1.Utilty cost are increased since the plant is open for a
longer period of time.
2. Difficulties in recording time.
3. Long supervision.
4. A communication may not reach all the employees
in other words a communication gap may exist.