1. a. Avoid the unauthorized practice of law and provide competent serviceList two b. Cooperate with other REALTORS® andconcepts in arbitratethe originalCode of Ethics c. Compensate cooperating brokers andthat remain submit offers and counter-offerstoday. objectively and as quickly as possible d. All of the above
1.List twoconcepts in theoriginal Code ofEthics thatremain today. b. Co operate with other REALTORS ® and arbitrate
2. a. Rosa Parks is bornWhat happened b. The Code of Ethics is adoptedin 1913? c. Jesse Owens and Gerald Ford are born d. Harriet Tubman dies e. All of the above
3. a. 1891The NationalAssociation of Real b. 1908Estate Exchanges(now the National c. 1913Association ofREALTORS®) was d. 1923founded in ____with the goal ofestablishing highethical standards toprotect buyers andsellers.
3.The NationalAssociation of RealEstate Exchanges (nowthe NationalAssociation ofREALTORS®) wasfounded in ____with the goal ofestablishing highethical standards toprotect buyers andsellers. b. 1908
4.Which a. Real Estate Board of Kansas Cityassociation stillin existence b. Greater Baltimorecreated the c. New York Stateoldest code ofethics before the d. ChicagoREALTORS® codeexisted?
4.Whichassociation still inexistencecreated theoldest code ofethics before theREALTORS® codeexisted? b. Greater Baltimore
5.The NationalAssociation was a. Trueahead of federalfair housing and b. Falseemployment law in2010 when itamended Article 10of the Code toinclude sexualorientation as aprotected class.
5.The NationalAssociation wasahead of federal fairhousing andemployment law in2010 when itamended Article 10of the Code toinclude sexualorientation as aprotected class. a. True
a. To honor members of the National Association6. from Winnipeg who perished on the Titanic April 15, 1912, off the coast of Newfoundland.At the 1912 Annual b. The National Association has never held an annualConvention in convention in Canada.Louisville, Winnipeg c. To celebrate the first Stanley Cup game (March 11,was selected as the 1912) played in three 20-minute periods. Quebeclocation for the beat Moncton.1913 Annual d. To celebrate the 5th Olympic Games that openedConvention. May 5, 1912, in Winnipeg.Why? e. To honor Antarctic explorer Captain Robert Scott, who was born in Winnipeg, and made his last journal entry in his diary March 29, 1912, which read: “the end cannot be far.”
6.At the 1912 AnnualConvention inLouisville, Winnipegwas selected as thelocation for the1913 AnnualConvention.Why? a. To honor members of the National A ssociation from Winnipeg who perished on the Titanic April 15, 1912, of f the coast of Newfoundland.
7.In 1916 the term“REALTOR” was a. $1purchased fromCharles Chadbourn. b. $5To this day itdistinguishes real c. $50estate professionals d. $100who abide by theCode.How much wasMr. Chadbournpaid?
7.In 1916 the term“REALTOR” waspurchased fromCharles Chadbourn. Tothis day itdistinguishes realestate professionalswho abide by theCode.How much was Mr.Chadbourn paid? a. $1
8.When theREALTOR® Code of a. 1923Ethics was modified b. 1972to incorporategender neutral c. 1989phrasing, 52% ofREALTORS® were d. 2006women.This year was:
8.When theREALTOR® Codeof Ethics wasmodified toincorporategenderneutralphrasing, 52%of REALTORS®were women.This year was: c. 1989
9. a. SpanishIn addition to b. TagalogEnglish, the c. Traditional and Simplified ChineseCode of Ethics isavailable at d. KoreanRealtor.org in e. Vietnamesewhichlanguage? f. All of the above g. None of the above; the Code of English is available only in English.
9.In addition toEnglish, the Codeof Ethics isavailable atRealtor.org inwhichlanguage? f. All of the above
10.The first Code of a. 1913Ethics & b. 1923ArbitrationManual was c. 1947published in d. 1973
10.The first Code ofEthics &ArbitrationManual waspublished in d. 1973
11.The Code of a. 20Ethics has been b. 40amendedapproximately c. 60how many d. 80times?
11.The Code ofEthics has beenamendedapproximatelyhow manytimes? b. 40
12. a. A.S. Adams, a REALTOR® and farmer from Atlanta, GAIn 1924 thePreamble to the b. Roland R. Randall, a REALTOR® andCode of Ethics banker from Philadelphia, PAwas adopted. c. Arthur H. Barnisel, a REALTOR® andWho wrote Presbyterian minister from Tacoma,it? WA d. Frank Craven, a REALTOR® and lawyer from Philadelphia, PA e. None of the above
12.In 1924 thePreamble to theCode of Ethicswas adopted.Who wrote it? c. Arthur H. Barnisel, a REALTOR ® and Presbyterian minister from Tacoma, WA
13.In 1948, 98% of a. 1908REALTORS® were b. 1910men. When didCorrine Simpson of c. 1938Seattle becomethe first woman d. 1948to join the NationalAssociation?
13.In 1948, 98% ofREALTORS® weremen. When didCorrine Simpson ofSeattle becomethe first womanto join the NationalAssociation? b. 1910
14.In 1913 Boards a. Trueof REALTORS®were required b. Falseto adopt andenforce theCode of Ethics.
14.In 1913 Boardsof REALTORS®were requiredto adopt andenforce the Codeof Ethics. b. False
15. a. “Refrain from making unsolicitedThe “Golden comments about other practitioners.”Rule”, as b. “Willingly share the fruit of yourquoted in the experience and study with others.”Code’s c. “Do unto others as they would like topreamble, tells be treated.”REALTORS®: d. “Whatsoever ye would that others should do to you, do ye even so to them.”
15.The “GoldenRule”, asquoted in theCode’spreamble, tellsREALTORS®: d. “Whatsoever ye would that others should do to you, do ye even so to them.”