Make a valuable resource (lists, special reports, history of, how to, etc.) Interview (e-mail/phone) prominent people and publish it. Build a useful tool Write an interesting article Run a newsworthy ‘event’ such as a contest Test something new that has not been done before Be the first in doing something on the internet Write something controversial Be the first to write the latest news in your niche Be the first to expose a scammer Disagree with an authority Write some funny humor Make an interesting picture Be the first to research and document something Make a theme, plugin or piece of software Make a tool that others can put on their sites but that links to you Make a joke about a known person Make a resource that is just in time for a major event Write an outrageous theory and back it up with logics Write useful comments on something that is happening Give something valuable for free Coin a new acronym in your niche and get people to talk about it Become an expert in your niche and write valuable information
Content Marketing with Social Media with Jordan Kasteler
• Content that is too interesting NOT to read
• Makes people feel something
• Provides for effortless transfer to others
• Makes other want to share
• Ad Revenue
• Branding / Buzz
• Links / Social Shares
o Search Rankings (SEO)
o Leads / Sales
• Subscribers (newsletters / email / RSS)
• Return Visitors
• High Traffic #s
• High Bounce Rate
• Low Time on Site/Page
• Low Conversion
• More Relevant Traffic
• Highly Relevant Traffic
• High Conversion
“A rising tide raises all boats”
TITLE: Amazing Photos: Big Results fromCompact Cameras
LINKS: ~200 (MSNBC, Live Scie nce )
•Amazing Photos from Compact Cameras
•Compact Camera Photos
•Compact Camera Results
•Who do you want to relate to?
•Why would they care?
•What would make them likely to spread your
Use action words – verbs!
Verbs encourage readership and guides them. You can use words
• Create Curiosity
• Tap into emotions (worry, fear, frustration, anger, etc)
• Set expectations (WIIFM?)
• Tip: Fear of loss is a greater motivator than desire to gain! That means
people are more often motivated by missing out on something than they
are by the thought of gaining that same thing.
• Is the subject relevant, interesting, and timely?
• Find additional information to aid your content. Verify
• Has it been done before?
• If so, what value can you add, revise, etc?
•Break up your content into sections to make long content seem shorter.
•Explain each key idea or section as succinctly as possible while also being
•Make every sentence count.
As long as it needs to be fully comprehensive
•Easy to link
•Easy to share
• Don’t use link code to link somewhere irrelevant or unintended by endorser
• Don’t use off-topic, irrelevant, or spammy keywords in link code
SOCIAL SHARING BUTTONS:
•Make it easy!
#1 (and #6) Article:
• The Social Search Revolution: 8 Social SEO Strategies To Start Using
• 40,000+ unique pageviews
o 2,000+ tweets
o 700+ Likes
o 550+ Google +1s
o 1,350+ LinkedIn Shares
• Like-Minded Communities
• E.g. inbound.org
• Share on Google+ to “Public” and Send to relevant Circles.
• Use “Post Activity” and “Ripples” to +1 others.
• Share on LinkedIn Groups
• Submit to: StumbleUpon, Delicious, Reddit
• Follow up on Comments.
• Thanks influencers for shares