Successfully reported this slideshow.
You’ve unlocked unlimited downloads on SlideShare!
CURRICULUM VITAECURRICULUM VITAE
1. Personal and Professional Details1. Personal and Professional Details
Name : Upinder Kumar
DOB / Age : 12-07-1977 /37 years.
Address (corr.) : C-203, Mangalaya Residency,
Opp. GEB Substation,
Dahej Bypass Road,
Bharuch ( Gujarat) -392001,
Address (Permanent) : Kothi No. 138, 22 Acre Scheme,
Contact phone number : 09662526275
Email address : email@example.com
Qualifications : B.E. (Chemical) with hons. 71.85. % (1998),
Panjab University, Chandigarh
PGDBA in operations management from
Symbiosis institute of Management,Pune
Experience : 17 years. (Oil &Gas)
Objective at work : Safety and quality.
2. At Petronet LNG Limited New Delhi2. At Petronet LNG Limited New Delhi
Current position –Chief Manager -Technical & Projects ,Current position –Chief Manager -Technical & Projects ,
Currently At Dahej (from April 2015)
• Working as MR& A (Management representative) for Petronet LNG Dahej
terminal reporting to plant head.
• Acting as Head Operations
• Working as Operation and maintenance Coordination
• Audit compliance for the whole company
At Delhi Office ( From 2013 to 2015)
• Responsible for Project Management for Dahej LNG terminal expansion project
including safety studies like HAZID, QRA, Hazop and SIL etc.
• Responsible for DFR and FEED verification and working with consultants.
• Prequalification of Bidders for Gangavaram LNG terminal.
• Preparation of FEED and Technical Bid document for Booster Compressor Procurement
• Working as Corporate Safety Manager and expertise in statutory safety compliance.
• Member of standard review committee of OISD 192 and 207
• Member in framing PNGRB Rules and regulations for LNG industry.
• Dealing with Indian government authorities like PESO (petroleum and explosive safety
organization) and OISD ( Oil Industry Safety Directorate) for project approvals and
• Business Development activities like new business Taral for PLL to supply LNG
as liquid through road tankers and LNG reloading to ships project.( Tolling model
At Dahej Site
Working as a group leader
• Lead and Motivate a team of Engineers & operators to beat the best achieved.
• Main Coordinator for Plant shutdown planning and execution.
• Mentor and trainer to new joined Engineer trainees.
• Coordinator for Quality circle movement in plant.
• Coordinator for Sap PM and HSE module development.
• Looking after HSE functions. Coordinate between Operations, safety, and
maintenance for ensuring safe handover of equipments for maintenance.
• Knowledge of relevant HSE standards in LNG field.
• Working on Process safety Implementation in Plant.
• Developing and maintain Operations procedures that is fluid lock out procedures,
SOPs, Operating guidelines.
• Maintenance of quality system (ISO-9001, ISO -14001 etc) in the department.
• Hazop team member for LNG terminal phase-2 of Petronet LNG.
• Group leader for Hazop on India’s First LNG truck loading facility at Petronet
LNG. Coordinate with CCOE for this facility approval.
Plant Energy Optimisation
• Production planning and control function.
• Suggestions related to Power saving (pump over sizing to be corrected by Small
pump as per NPSH requirement) has been provided by me and implementation on
this is in progress.
• Key member of committee to decide on energy saving suggestions coming from
Engineers and staff.
Major training related to LNG
Attended state of the art training of CFAFG France on all topics related to LNG
like Storage tanks/Materials in LNG/Cryogenic pumps, compressors/LNG
safety/Liquefaction plants operation etc. from leaders of Industry.
Other Areas of Experience
• Participated actively in the commissioning 1st
• LNG eulage management as per customer demands.
• Scheduling of cargoes and gas send out.
• Experience in Gas metering like turbine flow and ultrasonic metering and Gas
• Experience in Gas balancing and handling various customer demands.
• Experience in unloading operations of LNG from cargo, operation High pressure
centrifugal pumps, reciprocating compressors.
• Support Projects during development, execution and commissioning, and provide
Operational inputs at all stages. Team member for project execution during Phase-
2 Plant construction and erection.
• Conduct root cause analysis on process incidents and process inducted mechanical
failures and recommend corrective actions to permanently eliminate them.
• Experience in the operation of the utilities like N2, PA, IA and Glycol water.
• Striving and achieving the pre set production targets within time.
3. At Chambal Fertilisers And Chemicals Ltd.(Last position –Senior Engineer,3. At Chambal Fertilisers And Chemicals Ltd.(Last position –Senior Engineer,
Process-AMMONIA PLANT) Oct98- Apr-04Process-AMMONIA PLANT) Oct98- Apr-04
Major responsibilities/activities include:
Smooth and safe start-up, shutdown & normal efficient running of plant
Erection, Precommisioning, Commissioning & operation experience of 1500 MTPD
state of the art Kellogg’s dual feed & fuel AMMOINA plant.
Monitoring & Optimization of process parameters through subordinates to achieve
lowest energy consumption.
Issuing safety work permit and ensuring safe hand over of machine / equipment to
maintenance for carrying out maintenance and modification jobs
Coordination with Technical & Maintenance Staff for expediting all types of
maintenance jobs to reduce shutdown period.
Operation of rotary and stationary machines / equipment like compressors, high-
pressure pumps, Reformer (hydrogen unit), distillation column and absorbers, catalyst
Naphtha sweetening sulphur removal Unit Operational experience.
Operations Purview: Turbines, Centrifugal Compressors ,Reciprocating Compressors,
Centrifugal Pumps , , Distillation Column, Reactors, Different types of exchangers,
Re Boiler, Separators, Replacement and loading of catalyst in Reformer
,Regenerators and reformer tubes, high pressure (150ksc) Synthesis loop, 2 high-
pressure steam boilers from waste heat with a capacity of 220 T/hr at Pressure 110
ksc and at temp. 510 DegC, PLC based cryogenic unit for Hydrogen Recovery,
Cooling Towers etc.
4. OTHER AREA
Good Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point, Visual Basic
Conversant with NFPA, OISD LNG related standards.
Well familiar with ISO-9001/14001 & 1800 systems
5. Supervised Erection & Commissioning of following major projects
Involved in Project and Hazop Studies for India’s First LNG truck loading facility.
Involved in guarantee test for the same plant along with vendor TEC JAPAN
Supervision of Reactor catalyst loading and distillation columns tower packing
Commissioning, Operation, annual maintenance and troubleshooting in 160 TPH
water tube boiler supplied by TBW.
Erection, Precommisioning, Commissioning of India’s first LNG receiving and
gasification terminal of Petronet LNG Limited.
Supervision and hands on Experience on yokogawa centum CS DCS, Gus based DCS
and PLC of Tata Honeywell.
Working knowledge of SAP PM and materials management modules.
Had a good chance interacting with external agencies like CCOE/DMC and
6. Other Qualifications and Trainings
BOE (BOILER OPERATING ENGINEER) from RAJASTHAN BOILER BOARD.
Attended two weeks training of CFAFG Paris on LNG liquefaction and LNG terminal
Attended world’s largest Gas meet related to LNG and LPG industries Gastech-2009
in Abu Dhabi.
2 months’ professional training at Southern Petrochemicals Industries Corporation
4 days seminar on GAS and Liquid fuel fired boilers by THERMAX BABCOCK
LNG Fire and Safety training in Montua Terminal of GAS DE FRANCE in France.
Three months to Doha Qatar for LNG ship custody transfer.LNG quantity and quality
7. Current CTC : INR 30 Lakh Per annum7. Current CTC : INR 30 Lakh Per annum
8. Computer Skills : Excel, Word, Power point, Emails8. Computer Skills : Excel, Word, Power point, Emails
9. Expected CTC : Negotiable9. Expected CTC : Negotiable