Why Omni-channel Marketing in
This paper will take you through the following:
• Evolution of the Business Model
• What is Omni-channel Marketing
• Planning the Omni-channel Scenario
• Big Data in Omni-channel
Evolution of the Business Model
What is Omni-Channel Marketing
• A channel-agnostic approach to manage and optimize customer
• Promotes awareness, interest and response by integrating
informational, transactional and service platforms like
television, videos, online and physical display
advertising, email, mobile, ecommerce portals, POS
• Synchronizes and orchestrates various marketing channels such
as websites, smart phones, tablets, social networking, etc., to
understand buying behaviour and personalize it, so that
customer revenues and loyalty are assured
Planning the Omni-channel Scenario
For firms that wish to be an Omni-channel success, there has to be a plan and suitable
execution for selling and servicing across multiple channels, a strategy that measures
customer touch points at every step. The plan has to be a blend of
branding, messaging, offers and pricing.
Points to remember when forming a plan:
• The advent of Omni-channel marketing is creating a more intimate connect between
brands and their loyal followers, personalizing their experiences
• Brands are trying to understand customers, respond to their needs, serve them at every
interaction point and empower and equip them with appropriate information and more
• Omni-channel is about operational excellence, quicker processes, increased
accuracy, consistent retail execution and deriving actionable insights from constant
• Delivering well-thought out content needs an integration of analytics, measurement and
Big Data in Omni-channel
The dawn of Omni-Channel marketing is bringing about a tectonic shift
- consumers armed with smart phones, mobile apps, online reviews
and who can simultaneously navigate in-store and online retail
environments are driving the consumer space.
Hence, smartphones and big data analytics are influencing the
technology changes in the Omni-channel scenario. Digitization of retail
is seeing more and more consumers downloading mobile retail apps.
There is now more clarity and uniformity in customer data and
understanding customer needs.
With data accumulated from different channels, there is predictability
in addressing the customer like never before.
For ecommerce firms, Omni-channel
strategy advocates a synergy of varied
marketing platforms for positive
outcomes. For consumers, it is all
about convenience and fulfillment.
For more information, you can read our whitepaper: