UX STRAT Europe 2017: Raffaela Rein: “Strategies to Embed UX In All Company Operations”
INSIGHTS FROM A UX-LED ORGANIZATION:
Creating the Best User Experience from the Inside, Out
Strategies to embed UX in all company operations
Amazon did not kill the retail industry,
It did it to itself with bad customer srvice.
Spotify did not kill the music industry.
It did it to itself by forcing people to buy full-length
Airbnb did not kill the hotel industry.
It did it to itself with limited availability & pricing options.
Technology by itself is not the real disruptor.
Being non-customer centric is the biggest threat to any
- Alberto Brea
ABOUT RAFFAELA REIN:
• Founder & CEO of CareerFoundry/ The UX School
• Leading online school for UX Design
• Raised $6m, 40 employees, customers in 80+
• Rocket Internet, Axel Springer, BlackRock
• “Converted” to UX after it had a game changing effect
for the early success of careerFoundry 895% growth
Make UX Part of the company strategy from the beginning,
not only in implementation of projects.
Go beyond understanding what customers want
to truly uncover why they want it.
What Does UX-Led Mean?
Internet Trends by Mary Meeker
ENTERPRISE STARTS CARING
The ratio of designers to developers
at enterprise companies is increasing
as consumer tech teaches people to
expect better interfaces
How to Create A UX-led Culture
Not Any UX
Hire UX from Outside
Have Internal User Work in Projects
Everybody in the company thinks UX // Top & Bottom representation
DIFFERENT STAGES OF BECOMING UX LED:
Why CF Wants to be UX Led
• Efﬁcient product development
• Live what we preach
• HX: Build a great workplace
(as CEO my employees/ investors are my users)
Feeling we didn’t have time
Inexperience from us—we didn’t know enough about UX or it’s process
Needed to ﬁnd right org structure
Default to think UX in strategy ﬁrst
Think 500x your understanding—> 2000% Lead Lift
NPS +300% through top 10 Problems list
HX: great retention, engagement through “pull not push”
Conversion & User Testing
Round 1: 2000% Uplift in leads through afﬁnity mapping
Round 2: 895% revenue lift in 3 months through the “right”
Round 3: 160% lead conversion in 4 months through click
Insights from 60+ UX experts
• $1.42 trillion lost due to bad UX
• $150bn lost due to abandoned projects
• 228% outperformance of S&P
• User Experience needs to come to the executive table
• How do you build user centricity through your organization
• UX Led is not “cool”, it is a key competitive advantage and conversion tool
Conclusion: It’s A Journey
CareerFoundry Trainings in
• UX (Fundamentals, Immersive, Voice Design, UI For UX, Web for UX)
• Web & iOS Development