International SOS Tutorial for UTSA Faculty and Staff only 03.28.2016
International SOS Tutorial
Education Abroad Services
Office of International Programs
International SOS Requirement
• International SOS is an emergency assistance program that is provided by
the University of Texas System (UT) free of charge to all study abroad
participants. Major features include:
– Emergency evacuation and repatriation program; and
– Emergency call centers worldwide
• Study abroad participants will upload their information through the
studyabroad.utsa.edu portal. You do not need to log into International
SOS and upload your trip. It will be automatically uploaded from
• Faculty and staff who do not use UTSA’s corporate travel partners must
register their trips in MyTrips through International SOS. This is a UT
• The following slides will lead you through the International SOS registration.
Accessing the International SOS Homepage
• In the address bar of your web browser, type in the following address:
Locate Membership ID Login on International SOS
• The Membership ID Login is the 12 letter/digit code located under the
University of Texas System (UT System).
• Click on Member Log in to enter membership ID information into the
International SOS Portal. Click Log In to proceed to UT System International
• Once you have reached the UT System Home Page, click on MyTrips to
enter flight itinerary, accommodations, and local transportation information.
• You will be automatically directed to a Login page. If you are a registered
user with International SOS, please enter in your login information and
proceed to slide 9.
• If this is your first time accessing International SOS, please click on New
User? Register here.
• Complete all required fields and click submit.
Jane F Doe
• Fill out basic demographic information to complete your profile. Click “Update” to save
Note: DO NOT fill out the job information, this is used for UT System Employees who travel for their positions.
Create New Trip
• Click New Trip radio button at the bottom of the page
Should an emergency occur abroad, International
SOS will contact the individual listed below. Please
make sure the information you provide is complete
• The Create New Trip button will lead to a page where you will need to enter in ALL of your
transportation information (i.e. flight, train, local transportation) and accommodations during your
trip. Click save
Should an emergency occur abroad,
International SOS will contact the individual
listed below. Please make sure the information
you provide is complete and accurate.
Be sure to include
departing and return
flights, connecting flights,
(including hotel stays),
and local transportation
arrangements (i.e. train,
charter bus, etc.) you
may have during the
study abroad program.
Type in the trip name of your choice.
• International SOS
services to you a
member of the UT
• Please be sure to
check out the
presentation at the
bottom of the UT