Operation Finally Home
• For wounded, ill or injured veterans, surviving spouses
and those looking to serve them…
• …Operation FINALLY HOME is the national, non-profit
organization with a unique network of experienced
builders, suppliers, and supporters.
• Operation FINALLY HOME brings together homebuilders,
the military and communities to build custom, mortgage-
free homes for veterans and their families,…
• …which provides a strong foundation to help them move
forward while allowing others to show support, respect
and appreciation for America’s veterans.
With faith in God and determined action, we will have
hundreds of homes built annually across the nation for our
Heroes, those who have sacrificed while wearing America’s
uniform in defense of our freedoms and values, helping
them get their lives back on track after the hardships they
At Operation FINALLY HOME, we provide custom-built,
mortgage free homes to America’s military Heroes and the
widows of the fallen who have sacrificed so much to defend
our freedoms and values.
How do we accomplish the mission?
We bring together corporate sponsors, builder
associations, builders, developers, individual contributors,
and volunteers to help these heroes and their families
transition from the battle front to the home front by
addressing one of their most pressing needs – a home to
call their own.
Dan Wallrath – OFH Founder
• Hometown: Centerville, Texas
• Occupation: Retired custom home builder for 30
• Married for 40+ years to Carol
• Two sons – Jereme and Aaron
• Four grandchildren
• Board of Directors of the National Association
of Home Builders
• Texas Association of Builders
• Greater Houston Builders Association
• President of the Bay Area Builders Association
• Custom Builder of the Year from the Greater
Houston Builders Association and Bay Area
• 2010 CNN Heroes
Functional Support and
Management and Execution
Mission, Vision and Values
OFH Objectives for 2014
1. Project Execution
• Family selection
• Pillar events
• Marketing and Outreach
• OFH fundraising events
• Project fundraising events
• Advancement and Donor Relation
• Product/Service donations
3. Awareness and Communication
• To support Project Execution and Fundraising
• Social Media
• Media Tour
• Q3/Q4 in advance of 10th anniversary in 2015
OFH Build Facts
“126 Homes completed or in planning in 28 states”
• Action: Permitting and Planning (20 States)
• Locations: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois,
Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, North Carolina, North Dakota,
New Jersey, New York, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington
• Action: Under Construction (7 States)
• Locations: Florida, Georgia, Iowa, North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Wyoming
• Action: Complete (14 States)
• Locations: Arizona, Florida, Illinois, Kansas, Michigan, Montana, North Carolina,
New Mexico, New York, Nevada, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia
How OFH Chooses its Recipients
• Wounded soldiers are categorized into three primary
• CAT 1: Mild injury or illness. Is expected to return to duty within a
• CAT 2: Has a serious injury or illness. Is unlikely to return to duty
within a time specified.
• CAT 3: Has a severe or catastrophic injury or illness. Is highly
unlikely to return to duty.
OFH primarily focuses on CAT 3 veterans and their families.
Other factors also come into play when selecting candidates as they relate to
location and timelines of the organization’s builder partners.
We Need YOU!
We need building suppliers to donate materials to build the
We need contractors and subcontractors to donate time and
people to donate their building expertise to complete the home
We need American's across the nation to hold an event in their
home towns. Raise awareness and funds to support the build.
Volunteer for one of our events in your area.