About this book gives you the bibliographic information for your reference list. Scanning the QR code gives you the same information that you see on the screen. This could be useful in sharing information.
“Add to my library” and “My library” refer to the Google account that you can create when using Google books.
The librarians are rostered for the Information Desk to help you with questions related to finding books etc via the library catalogue They also can help you with the more challenging task of learning how to find scholarly publications that are stored in the online databases. You’ll find that the librarians can help you in a wide variety of ways.
Creating a research space
• available in some databases
• save your search results in your own account
• easy to access and share
• prevent duplication of searches
• helps to compile your reference list
• Started in 2004
• August 2010 - Google announced intention to
scan all known existing 129,864,800 books by the
end of this decade
• April 2013 - over 30 million books scanned
• Google books promotes open-access to
knowledge but also challenged copyright and fair
GOOGLE BOOKS - WHY USE IT?
One simple reason is its functionality
With Google Books you can:
• Search for books and magazines
• Use “find a library” to search for books
• Create your own library
• Expand your research
• Use Google play
Search for keywords
information age university