USAG RC Policy #6-16 Open Burning Prohibition Policy
DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY
US ARMY INSTALLATION MANAGEMENT COMMAND
HEADQUARTERS. UNITED STATES ARMY GARRISON, RED CLOUD AND AREA I
UNIT # 15707
APO AP 96258-5707
Policy Letter # 6-16
2 7 rut 2014-
MEMORANDUM FOR SEE DISTRIBUTION
SUBJECT: Open Burning Prohibition Policy
a. USFK Regulation 201-1, Environmental Governing Standards, 18 Jun 12.
b. Army Regulation 200-1, Environmental Protection and Enhancement, 13 Dec 07.
2. Purpose: To provide an open burn policy that complies with Federal, State, and
3. Applicability: This policy applies to all staffs directorate, units, tenant offices,
contractors, and other organizations within USAG Red Cloud and Area I.
4. Scope: The scope of this policy memorandum includes all open burning activities.
Open burning is the burning of any material that emits smoke directly into the air. Such
materials include, but are not limited to, classified documents, leaves, wood, etc.
5. No person shall conduct open burning at any time on the USAG Red Cloud and
Area I installation unless prior to approval is granted by the Directorate of Public Works
(DPW), Environmental Division.
6. Unit commanders and supervisors are required to support elimination of open fires.
Paper shredding should be used for destroying classified material instead of barrel fire.
7. The use of fire place and barbecue that are governed by installation-level directives
are not prohibited.
8. Point of contact for this memorandum is Chief, Environmental Division, DPW, USAG
Red Cloud and Area I at DSN 732-6537.
JO N W. NER