infants of mothers who smoked had significantlymore admissions to the hospital for bronchitisor pneumonia during the first year of lifethan did children whose mothers did not smoke.
Disease induced by_smoking
1) Sudden Infant Death Syndrome:
Women who smoke during pregnancy increase the chances of the
death of their babies during pregnancy itself.
3) Low birth weight of the baby:
• Birth weight of the baby is an important factor for the future health of the baby.
• Low birth weight can lead to a great many complications.
• low birth weight is the main reason for pre-natal death (during the first month
after the birth).
5) Respiratory Infections:
the baby is more likely to have asthma and other
6) Placenta Abruption:
This condition arises when the placenta pulls the walls
of the uterus either before or during labor.
This requires an immediate delivery usually through
A smoker's placenta is thinner making her more likely to
have placenta abruption.
7) Premature birth