Successfully reported this slideshow.
You’ve unlocked unlimited downloads on SlideShare!
WP1: Kvarken New Space innovation ecosystem
WP2: Leveraging value from existing space-based
WP3: Space technology for innovative services in the Kvarken
region - center study cases
WP4: Societal impact: Kvarken capacity building, opportunity
generation and networking
WP5: Communication and dissemination
WP6: Center management
WP7: Continuation of Kvarken Space Center innovation ecosystem
Why cross-border cooperation?
• Natural co-operation area with long history together.
• World’s northernmost all year round passenger route.
• Diverse know-how and different businesses on the other side of
• Kvarken Council -> official cross-border cooperation for almost 50
• Cooperation between Vaasa and Umeå -> joint port & shipping
companies -> M/S Aurora Botnia 2021.
• Cooperation between University of Vaasa and University of
Boosting business with
• Getting the companies to understand the opportunities of new
space and the existing data resources.
• Educate people, both young and old.
• Arranging learning cafés, hackathons, workshops, etc.
• Demonstrating the capability – KvarkenSat, groundstation and
• All this on both sides of Kvarken.
West Coast Startup
The business incubator of the
University of Vaasa and VAMK
University of Applied Sciences
West Coast Space Lab
Incubator program for space
data, technology and business
Engineer in g
W E S T C O A S T