Hands-On Operating System
Hands on Operating
• An Operating system is a software that manages
computer hardware and software resources and
provides common services for computer programs.
• The operating system is an essential component of the
• Application programs usually require an operating
system to function.
• Start Menu
• Project Spartan Browser
• Improved Multitasking
• Windowed Apps
• Action Center
The Start Screen
• When click on the Start button at
the bottom left of the screen,
you get two panels side by side,
with the left column showing
pinned, recently added and
• The right column features a selection of live tiles that you can
customize, resize and reorganize.
• We can have the Start Menu expand to full screen whenever we want.
• New features include PDF support, a reading mode that
improves the layout of long articles, and a new note taking
• Spartan will feature Cortana support within the browser, so
she can pull contextual information from the sites
• Internet Explorer will be
replaced by the newly
Hi! I’m Cortana
Cortana , similar to as Google Now is a
feature which helps you find anything by
your voice. You just need to say , “Hey
Other than voice we can search
anything like cricket score , weather ,
nearby places and many. It does as it
says, "ask me anything”.
• Windows 10 will provide a
new way to look at all your
notifications in one place.
It collects alerts from your device from all your apps, similar to
the notifications drawers like in our smartphones.
• With the rise of hybrid laptop-
tablet devices, Microsoft
wants to make it easier to
switch between either mode.
If you remove the keyboard/mouse, a notification will pop up
from the task bar at the bottom, asking if you want to activate
Place your tablet into the keyboard again, and you’ll receive the
same prompt, this time asking if you want to exit Tablet mode.
• Processor : 1 Gigahertz (GHz) or faster
• RAM : 1 GB (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
• Free hard disk space : 16 GB
• Graphics card : Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics