Spring 5 introduces a new model for end-to-end functional and reactive web service programming with Spring 5 WebFlow, Spring Data & Spring Boot. The main topics include:
– Introduction to reactive programming, Reactive Streams specification, and project Reactor (as WebFlux infrastructure)
– REST services with WebFlux – comparison between annotation-based and functional reactive programming approaches for building.
– Router, handler and filter functions
– Using reactive repositories and reactive database access with Spring Data. Building end-to-end non-blocking reactive web services using Netty-based web runtime
– Reactive WebClients and integration testing. Reactive WebSocket support
– Realtime event streaming to WebClients using JSON Streams, and to JS client using SSE.