• A car accident can rock the bravest and best drivers to their core.While something
like a fender bender can be really nerve-wracking, a hit-and-run accident adds a
whole new level of stress to the situation.
• As overwhelming as an accident like this can be, keeping your cool is absolutely
essential.To help navigate you through this difficult situation,Toyota of Orlando is
here with a guide on how to deal with a hit-and-run car accident.
1) Assess everyone’s
• First and foremost, make sure that you and
everyone else in your OrlandoToyota vehicle is
alright after the car accident.
• If you and your passengers have only sustained
minor injuries, proceed to the next post-accident
• If not, make sure to call 911 immediately and
request an ambulance.
2)Try to move your OrlandoToyota
vehicle off the road
• Getting out of traffic is essential after a car accident to keep you and your
• When getting out of your vehicle, be careful and make sure traffic isn’t flowing
quickly around you.
• Try to move your car to the shoulder or a spot that’s off of the main road.
3) Report the incident
to the police
• After a hit-and-run car accident, make sure to
contact the police. Disclose all details you can
remember about the assailant. Rust, stickers,
damage, the driver’s appearance, license plate
number, and so on are all important pieces of info
that can help the police pursue the suspect.
4) Gather witnesses and take pictures
• Before or after the police have arrived, make sure to gather witnesses.
• Not only will they be helpful in creating an accurate police report.
• Plus, they may remember details about the incident that can help the police in
5) File a police report
• As a rule of thumb with any car accident, you
should always file a police report.
• Request a copy of the report to file with your
OrlandoToyota auto insurance company and get
contact info from the police to request updates
throughout the investigation.
6)Treat your injuries and file a claim
• Even if your injuries are minor, make sure to visit your primary care physician or
the local hospital to treat your injuries. Get a copy of the treatment records in the
event that you decide to press charges should the suspect be caught.
• Make sure to file a claim with your OrlandoToyota car insurance company.They
can assist you in repairing your vehicle and covering essential car accident
Repair your car with
Toyota of Orlando
• Do you need help picking up the pieces after your
car accident?Toyota of Orlando can help you! Our
body shop is eager to help you and get you back
on the road in no time. Give us a call at (407) 298
– 6006 today!