IMS Framework (mobile java communication framework)
A labs.ericsson.com enabler
A communication framework for device to device, server to
device and device to server communication
A communication framework built on IMS/SIP with API
support in multiple client platforms
– Java ME
A hosting environment for server applications
Why IMS Framework?
A generic white label communication framework tying
together the mobile and PC domain
– Extending beyond one mobile device brand
Focus on what should be communicated rather then how
– High level API hides the details of delivering data to a another
Deliver data between applications beyond the size limits of
Main Features of IMS Framework
Java ME, Android and RESTful client APIs for
– Messaging, session and instant
Integrated NAT/FW handling
Hosting of server applications in a Glassfish/Sailfin
– A container environment allowing both sip and http
IMS Framework Overview
IMS framework P
TT SIP gateway
Java ME/Android /H
Mobile Operator Ericsson Labs
Java ME library to be included with the developed application.
– Device requirement Java MIDP 2.0/CLDC 1.1, always on application support,
developed and tested using SonyEricsson devices.
// Connect to IMS infrastructure
ImsInnovation mImsInnovation = new ImsInnovation(this, “3gpp-application.com.mytest”,
// Create messaging service
MessageService mMessageService = new MessageService(mImsInnovation);
// Send a message
mMessageService.sendQuickMessage(“email@example.com”, “Hello someone!”,
Android library to be included with the developed application.
– Developed and tested using the G1 device.
RESTful API, accessed from a browser or from any application
– Currently being integrated in Zembly