Dr. Sung Ho Ha
Date of Birth: Jan. 5, 1965
Citizenship: South Korea
Affiliation: School of Business Administration (Information system major),
Kyungpook National University (KNU)
Homepage: http:// iiseb.knu.ac.kr
Yonsei University, Seoul B. of Business Administration 1983-1990
Korea Advanced Institute of Science M.S. of information system 1995-1998
and Technology (KAIST)
Korea Advanced Institute of Science Ph.D. of information system 1998-2001
and Technology (KAIST)
Carnegie Mellon University Research scholar 2006.
II. TITLE OF DOCTORAL THESIS
Integrated View of Business-to-business Electronic Commerce Using Intelligent Agent and
III. PRINCIPAL FIELD OF INTEREST
Ubiquitous commerce; E-commerce; Data mining technology; Data mining application;
Artificial intelligence; Knowledge-based system; Intelligent information system; Decision
Marquis Who’s Who in the World (2006, 2007, 2008)
Marquis Who’s Who in Science and Engineering (2006-2007, 2008-2009)
IBC 2000 Outstanding Intellectuals of the 21st Century (2006, 2007, 2008)
ABI Great Minds of the 21st Century (2007-2008)
V. RESEARCH ACTIVITIES AND PROJECTS
Topic of Research Project Name of Sponsor Period
Developing QDIS for Samsung Electronics Samsung Electronics Apr. 1997–Feb. 1998
Constructing a distance-learning system for Ministry of Information Nov. 1997–Oct. 1998
gifted and Communication
A distance-learning system for Daejon city Daejon city office of Apr. 1998–Dec. 1998
Education and conference for creativity Institute for Gifted Jan. 1998–Dec. 2000
Students in KAIST
Detecting abnormal manufacturing Korea Research Jan. 1998–Dec. 1998
processes using neural networks Foundation
Developing a decision support system for SKMDFS Jan. 1999–Dec. 1999
SKM duty free shops
Developing software agents for supporting Ministry of Education Sep. 2000–Dec. 2000
B2B transactions & Human Resources
NEOWIZ CRM consulting NEOWIZ corp. Mar. 2001–Jun. 2001
Constructing a CRM system to analyze Samsung Life Jan. 2001–Jun. 2001
VOC data Insurance corp.
Expanding a marketing system for Ministry of Agriculture Apr. 2001–Nov. 2001
agricultural and marine products and Forestry
Recommending products in an Internet KNU Research Fund Jun. 2002–May 2003
shopping mall according to Web user life 2002
Developing a personalized system for the KNU Research Fund Aug. 2003–Jul. 2004
Internet advertising 2003
Developing an electronic transaction robot Korea Research Feb. 2006–Jan. 2007
who selects corresponding strategies Foundation Grant
according to changes in the trading
VI. PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATION MEMBERSHIP
Rank and organization Dates
Member, ACM (SIGKDD) 2002 – present
Member, Association for Information Systems (SIGDSS, 2007 – present
SIGeBiz, SIGENTSYS, SIGSERVICES)
– Member, IEEE 2002 – present
– Technical Committee on Knowledge Acquisition in 2006 – present
Intelligent Systems (IEEE Systems, Man, and Cybernetics
– Intelligent Systems Applications Technical Committee 2006 – present
(IEEE Computational Intelligence Society)
– TCII, TCDE, TCEC (IEEE Computer Society) 2006 – present
Technical Committees on Humanities and Social Sciences, 2007 – present
Computer Science and Information Systems (World
Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology)
Technical Committee of International Association of 2007 – present
Science and Technology for Development on Artificial
Intelligence and Expert Systems
Member, Decision Sciences Institute 2006 – present
Member, Korea Society of Management Information 2001 – present
Member, Korea Intelligent Information Systems Society 2001 – present
Member, Korean Operations Research and Management 2001 – present
Member, the Korea Society of Information Technology 2001 – present
Member, Korea Internet Electronic Commerce Association 2002 – present
Member, the Korean Society for Quality Management 2002 – present
Rank and Conference Dates
Organizing committee, the Fall Conference of the Korea Nov. 30, 2002
Association for Information System, Daegu, 2002
Editorial board of International Journal of Information Technology Jan. 2006 ~
Associate editor of International Journal of Computers and
Applications (ACTA Press)
Associate editor of Electronic Commerce Research (Springer)
Editorial board of Journal of Artificial Intelligence (ANSInet)
Editorial board of Journal of Applied Sciences (ANSInet)
Editorial board of International Journal of Applied Decision
Editorial board of International Journal of Artificial Intelligence and
Soft Computing (Inderscience)
Editorial board of Journal of Information and Knowledge
Management (World Scientific)
Editorial review board of International Journal of Knowledge
Management (IGI Publishing)
Editorial board of International Journal of Digital Enterprise
Editorial board of International Journal of Intelligent Enterprise
Science Committee of the 6th WSEAS International Conference on Apr. 15 ~ Apr. 17, 2007
Applied Computer Science 2007 (Hang Zhou, China)
Organizing committee, the Spring International Conference of the Jun. 1, 2007
Korea Society of Management Information Systems, Seoul, 2007
Program Committee of the 10th IASTED International Conference Nov. 19 ~ Nov. 21, 2007
on Intelligent Systems and Control (Cambridge, Massachusetts)
Program Committee of the International Conference on Nov. 21 ~ Nov. 23, 2007
Convergence Information Technology (ICCIT '07) (Gyeongju,
Session chair of 4th International Conference on Computer, Dec. 14 ~ Dec. 16, 2007
Electrical, and Systems Science, and Engineering (CESSE 2007)
Program Committee of 6th ACS/IEEE International Conference on Apr. 1 ~ Apr. 4, 2008
Computer Systems and Applications (AICCSA-08) (Doha, Qatar)
International Advisory Committee of the 17th International Apr. 6 ~ Apr. 10, 2008
Conference on Management of Technology (IAMOT 2008)
Program Committee of Pacific-Asia Conference on Knowledge May. 20 ~ May. 23, 2008
Discovery and Data Mining (PAKDD) 2008 (Osaka, Japan)
Program Committee of 2008 IEEE World Congress on Jun. 1 ~ Jun. 6, 2008
Computational Intelligence (IJCNN 2008) (Hong Kong)
Track chair of IEEE International Conference on Cybernetics and Jun. 3 ~ Jun. 6, 2008
Intelligent Systems (CIS 2008) (Chengdu, China)
Program Committee of 10th International Conference on Enterprise Jun. 12 ~ Jun. 16, 2008
Information Systems (ICEIS 2008) (Barcelona, Spain)
Program Committee of the 8th Global Conference on Flexible Jun. 14 ~ Jun. 16, 2008
Systems Management (Hoboken, New Jersey)
Technical Program Committee of the 5th International Conference Jun. 30 ~ Jul. 2, 2008
on Service Systems and Service Management (Melbourne,
Program Committee of 4th IEEE International Conference on Sep. 6 ~ Sep. 8, 2008
Intelligent Systems (IEEE IS'08) (Varna, Bulgaria)
Program Committee of 7th IEEE International Conference on Sep. 9 ~ Sep. 10, 2008
Cybernetic Intelligent Systems 2008 (London, United Kingdom)
Technical Program Committee of IEEE International Conference on Oct. 12 ~ Oct. 15, 2008
Systems, Man and Cybernetics 2008 (Singapore)
Program Committee of Tenth Pacific Rim International Conference Dec. 15 ~ Dec. 19, 2008
on Artificial Intelligence (PRICAI 2008) (Hanoi, Vietnam)
Guest editor of the International Journal of Technology Aug. 1, 2008 ~
Management – “The Internet Channel Affecting Service Sciences”
A. Refereed Articles
1. “Application of data mining tools to hotel data mart on the Intranet for database
marketing” (with Sang Chan Park), Expert Systems with Application, Vol. 15, No.
1, 1998, pp. 1-31.
2. “Evaluating the efficiency of system integration projects using data envelopment
analysis (DEA) and machine learning” (with Han Kook Hong, Chung Kwan Shin,
Sang Chan Park, Soung Hie Kim), Expert Systems with Application, Vol. 16, No.
3, 1999, pp. 283-296.
3. “Matching Buyers and Suppliers: An Intelligent Dynamic-Exchange Model” (with
Sang Chan Park), IEEE Intelligent Systems, Vol. 16, No. 4, 2001, pp. 28-40.
4. “Customer's Time-Variant Purchase Behavior and Corresponding Marketing
Strategies: An Online Retailer's Case” (with Sung Min Bae, Sang Chan Park),
Computers & Industrial Engineering, Vol. 43, Iss. 4, 2002, pp. 801-820.
5. “Helping Online Customers Decide through Web Personalization,” IEEE
Intelligent Systems, Vol. 17, No. 6, 2002, pp. 34-43.
6. “Fuzzy Web Ad Selector Based on Web Usage Mining” (with Sung Min Bae, Sang
Chan Park), IEEE Intelligent Systems, Vol. 18, No. 6, 2003, pp. 62-69.
7. “Design of an Adaptive Web Merchandising System using Data Mining,” Lecture
Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 2871, 2003, pp. 572-576.
8. “A Web-based system for analyzing the voices of call center customers in the
service industry” (with Sung Min Bae, Sang Chan Park), Expert Systems with
Applications, Vol. 28, No. 1, 2005, pp. 29-41.
9. “An Intelligent System for Personalized Advertising on the Internet,” Lecture
Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 3182, 2004, pp. 21-30.
10. “Digital Content Recommender on the Internet,” IEEE Intelligent Systems, Vol.
21, No. 2, 2006, pp. 70-77.
11. “Developing an Intelligent Supplier Chain System Collaborating with Customer
Relationship Management” (with Gye Hang Hong), Lecture Notes in Computer
Science, Vol. 3982, 2006, pp. 1110-1118.
12. “Keeping Track of Customer Life Cycle to Build Customer Relationship” (with
Sung Min Bae), Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence, Vol. 4093, 2006, pp.
13. “Service Quality Improvement through Business Process Management based on
Data Mining” (with Sang Chan Park), ACM SIGKDD Explorations, Vol. 8, No. 1,
2006, pp. 49-56.
14. “Pursuing Phased Improvement in Organizational Performance: A Hybrid
System,” WSEAS Transactions on Systems, Vol. 6, No. 5, 2006, pp. 1461-1467.
15. “Applying knowledge engineering techniques to customer analysis in service
industry,” Applied Engineering Informatics, Vol. 21, No. 3, 2007, pp. 293-301.
16. “A hybrid approach to supplier selection for the maintenance of a competitive
supply chain” (with Ramayya Krishnan), Expert Systems with Applications, Vol.
34, No. 2, 2008, pp. 1303-1311.
17. “Evaluating supply partner’s capability for seasonal products using machine
learning techniques,” (with Gye Hang Hong). Computers & Industrial
Engineering, 54(4), 2008, pp. 721-736.
18. “Searching for similar informational articles in the Internet channel,” (with Seong
Hyeon Joo, Hyun U Pae). International Journal of Computer Science and
Engineering, 2(1), 2008, pp. 14-17.
19. “A personalized counseling system using CAse-based reasoning with Neural
SYmbolic feature weighting (CANSY),” (with Kwang Hyuk Im). To appear in
Applied Intelligence, 2008.
20. “Predictive performance of clustered feature-weighting case-based reasoning,”
(with Jong Sik Jin, Jeong Won Yang), To appear in Lecture Notes in Artificial
Intelligence, Vol. 5139, 2008.
21. “Assessing applicative performance of a hybrid machine learning model,” (with
Jong Sik Jin, Seong Hyeon Joo), International Journal of Mathematical Models
and Methods in Applied Sciences, 2(1), 2008, pp. 42-47.
22. “Dynamic dissemination of personalized content on the Web,” Being revised in
Journal of Organizational Computing & Electronic Commerce, 2008.
23. “Design of Intelligent Yield Prediction System based on Data Mining and
Intelligent Agent in the Semiconductor Manufacturing,” (with Jang Hee Lee).
Being revised in International Journal of Technology Management, 2008.
24. “Personalized advertising techniques on the Internet for electronic newspaper
provider,” Journal of Information Technology Applications and Management,
3(1), 2001, pp. 1-22.
25. “Intelligent Marketing and Merchandising Techniques for an Internet Shopping
Mall” (with Sang Chan Park), The Journal of MIS Research, 12(3), 2002, pp.
26. “Customer Relationship Management Techniques Based on Dynamic Customer
Analysis Utilizing Data Mining” (with Jae-Shin Yi), Journal of Intelligence and
Information Systems, 9(2), 2003, pp. 23-47.
27. “A Decision Support System for Supplier Selection in B2B E-procurement” (with
Mi-Sung Nam), Journal of the Korean Operations Research and Management
Science Society, 21(1), 2004, pp. 113-129.
28. “Analyzing Customer Purchase Behavior of a Department Store and Applying
Customer Relationship Management Strategies” (with Kyung Hoon Baek),
Journal of the Korean Operations Research and Management Science Society,
21(3), 2004, pp. 55-69.
29. “An empirical study on adopting content and design of leading corporate Websites
in Korea” (with Eun Hui Park), Journal of Korea Internet e-Commerce
Association, 6(2), 2006, pp. 103-133.
B. Refereed Book Chapters
1. “Customer relationship management of Samsung Insurance Co.” (with Kyung Min
Baek), in Case for e-Business series III, 2005, pp. 167-208.
2. “Selecting Supply Partners for e-Collaboration in Supply Chains” (with Gye Hang
Hong), in Challenges of Expanding Internet: E-Commerce, E-Business, and E-
Government, IFIP Vol. 189, F. Matohisa and G. Adam, ed., Springer-Verlag, 2005,
3. “Cooperation towards success of IT outsourcing” (with Myung Gon Shin), in
Case for IT Outsourcing, 2005, pp. 1-29.
4. “Identifying gifted students and their learning paths using data mining
techniques,” in Data Mining in E-Learning series Vol. 4, C. Romero and S.
Ventura, ed., WIT Press, 2006, pp. 191-206.
5. “An Intelligent Process Monitoring System in Complex Manufacturing
Environment,” in Advances in Intelligent IT: Active Media Technology in the
series “Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence and Applications,” 2006, pp. 217-222.
C. Conference Proceedings: Refereed papers only
1. “A Study for PDM Implementation Using Artificial Intelligence on Workflow”
(with Chi Yeol Kim, Sang Chan Park), 14th International Conference on
Production Research, Osaka, Japan, Aug. 4-8, 1997.
2. “Development of New Marketing Strategy Utilizing Data Mining Tools” (with
Sang Chan Park), Asia Pacific Decision Sciences Institute Conference, Jun. 8-11,
Taipei, Taiwan, 1998.
3. “Service Operation Improvement through the Internet-Based Information System”
(with Sang Chan Park), the 2nd International Conference on Engineering Design
and Automation, Aug. 9-12, Maui, Hawaii, 1998.
4. “Data Modeling for Improving Performance of Data Mart” (with Sang Chan
Park), IEEE EMS International Engineering Management Conference, Oct. 11-13,
Puerto Rico, USA, 1998.
5. “Hybrid approach utilizing Machine Learning to complement the shortcomings of
Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA)” (with Han Kook Hong and Sang Chan Park),
Pacific Asia Conference on Expert systems (PACES), Feb. 11-12, 1999.
6. “Customer focus in supply chain management incorporated with data mining”
(with Sung Min Bae, Tae Han Kim, and Sang Chan Park), APIEMS ‘99
(Kanazawa, Japan), Oct. 30-31, 1999.
7. “Path Finder for Efficiency Enhancement of Life Insurance Companies: Tier
Analysis and Clustering Method” (with Han Kook Hong and Sang Chan Park),
Western Decision Sciences Institute (WDSI 2000) 29th Annual Meeting, Apr.
8. “From Behavior to Market: Customer Focus in Supply Chain Management” (with
Sang Chan Park, Jae Heon Park, and Kwang Hyuk Im), the 5th Conference of the
Association of Asian-Pacific Operations Research Societies, Singapore, Jul. 5-7,
9. “Object-Oriented and Constraint-Based Product Brokering in Electronic
Commerce System: Enterprise Modeling Approach” (with Sung Min Bae and
Sang Chan Park), International Conference on Production Research (ICPR) 2000,
Bangkok, Thailand, Aug. 2-4, 2000.
10. “Product Brokering Method for Electronic Commerce Business Models” (with
Sung Min Bae and Sang Chan Park), International Center for Electronic
Commerce (ICEC) 2000, Aug. 21-24, Sheraton Walker Hill Hotel, Seoul, Korea,
11. “Web-based Distance-Learning System for Gifted Applying Interactive
Multimedia - KAIST Web-based Education of System for the Gifted CASE” (with
Sung Min Bae and Sang Chan Park), Asia-Pacific Advanced Network (APAN)
Consortium, Beijing, Aug. 22-25, 2000.
12. “Web mining for distance education” (with Sung Min Bae and Sang Chan Park),
Asia-Pacific Advanced Network (APAN) Consortium, Beijing, Aug. 22-25, 2000.
13. “Web-ad Selector For Direct Marketing Using SOM and Fuzzy” (with Sung Min
Bae and Sang Chan Park), the 3rd Asia-Pacific Conference on Industrial
Engineering and Management Systems (APIEMS), Dec. 20-22, Hong Kong, 2000.
14. “Intelligent Marketing and Merchandising Techniques for an Internet Shopping
Mall” (with Sung Min Bae), the 5th Pacific Asia Conference on Information
Systems (PACIS) 2001, Jun. 20-22, Seoul, 2001.
15. “Marketing strategies based on dynamic customer analysis in an Internet retailer”
(with Jae-Shin Yi), 2002 Fall Conference of Korea Intelligent Information
Systems Society, Nov. 7, Seoul, 2002.
16. “Decision support system for supplier selection in B2B E-procurement” (with Mi-
Sung Nam), 2002 Fall Conference of the Korea Society of Management
Information Systems, Nov. 14, Seoul, 2002.
17. “Dynamic customer analysis and strategic implication utilizing customer
relationship management techniques” (Kyung-Hoon Baek), 2003 Spring
Conference of Korea Internet e-Commerce Association, May. 31, Daejeon, 2003.
18. “Business model selection and Web content management by B2B e-Marketplaces”
(Kang-Ho Son), 2003 Spring Conference of the Korea Society of Management
Information Systems, Jun. 20, Seoul, 2003.
19. “A framework for improving the process of constructing a case base” (with Sang
Chan Park), the 3rd Sino-Korea Bilateral Symposium on Quality, Jul. 16-18,
20. “Designing a recommendation system for e-Newspaper with personalizing
information content” (Jae-Shin Yi), 2004 Fall Conference of Korea ORMS, Oct.
23, Seoul, 2004.
21. “Measuring the Internet channel performance” (Jong-Sik Jin), 2005 Joint
Conferences of Management Societies, Aug. 18, Phoenix Park, Pyeongchang,
22. “What characterizes successful software development projects and life insurance
companies” (with Han Kook Hong), Industrial Conference on Data Mining 2006,
Jul. 14-15, Leipzig, 2006.
23. “Statistical customer credit analysis for e-tailer” (with Ramayya Krishnan),
Statistical Challenges in Ecommerce Research, May. 19-20, Stamford, CT, 2007.
24. “Analyzing adoption performance and success factors of Integrated Medical
Information Systems” (with Eun-Hee Jung), 2007 Summer Conference of the
Korean Society for Innovation Management & Economics, Jun. 21, Jeju-do, 2007.
25. “Searching for similar informational articles in the Internet channel” (with Sung
Hyun Joo, Hyun Woo Bae), International Conference on Knowledge Mining
(ICKM 2007), Dec. 14-16, Bangkok, Thailand, 2007.
26. “Hybrid machine learning to improve predictive performance” (with Jong Sik Jin,
Seong Hyeon Joo), Applied computing conference 2008, May 27-29, Istanbul,