Teaching and Learning Priorities for 2015/6
• Behaviour for Learning
• Speaking: structured speech events and
• Literacy: explicit teaching of reading,
writing and subject specific language
• Feedback policy and practice; making
feedback count, closing the gap
• Explicit knowledge: what should be known;
how it should be learned
PP Funding supporting, core entitlements
Y6—>Y7: British Museum Family Learning Project
Y7: Paris – Language, overseas travel, culture
Y8: Ypres – Battlefields, history,
Y9: Outward Bound
Why a National Bacc?
• Bridging the academic-technical divide
• Creating Pathways to Success for all learners.
• Reducing the emphasis on examinations at 16
• Giving value to Personal Development within the curriculum.
• Locating issues of examination reliability and validity in a
• Giving value to extended personal study outside the confines of
• Providing incentives to develop post-GCSE Maths and English
• Providing coherent and consistent information regarding
candidates’ achievements and personal development to
universities and employers
The National Baccalaureate @Highbury Grove
Final Baccalaureate Transcript.
Core Entitlement/ Requirements
Three Core A Levels or BTECs
Best 8 GCSEs