Thomas Joseph Dapron
4857 Melissa Jo Lane
St. Louis, MO 63128
• Leveraging business excellence and compliance through process optimization
• Leading root cause corrective and preventive action process
• Developing, documenting, controlling, assessing and improving processes and procedures
• Defining requirements and managing change
• Performing needs analysis (survey development and analyses – organizational development)
• Building organizational process architecture
• Developing and delivering tailored training materials
The Boeing Company, St. Louis Missouri - (Mar 1983 - Present)
• Business Process Analyst (Dec 1999 – Present)
• Applications Analyst (Feb 1999 – Dec 1999)
• Senior Specialist - HR Systems & Processes, Applications Analysis (Mar 1997 – Jan 1999)
• Engineering Laboratory /Senior Engineer (Mar 1993 – Feb 1997)
• Engineering Specialist (Nov 1989 – Feb 1993)
• Business Management Analyst (Sept 1987 – Oct 1989)
• Quality Budget and Manpower Analyst (Apr 1983 – Aug 1987)
WORK EXPERIENCE – ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
Quality Management System (QMS) Lead:
• Represented Boeing Shared Services (SSG) – Enterprise Services (ES) as a member and major
contributor to the SSG Quality Council since its early formation. Participated in strategic planning as a
management delegate/voting member.
• Contributed QMS expertise to numerous SSG sub-teams to develop and implement SSG’s Quality
Management System Roles-Responsibilities-Accountabilities and Authorities (RAAs), the SSG Quality
Manual (aligned to ISO9001 International Quality Standard) as well as the organization’s internal audit
program, corrective and preventive action process, process maturity and process self assessment
processes, and preventive & corrective action board (PCAB) charter and operating rhythm.
• Led monthly ES Leadership Team preventive/corrective action board meetings.
• Established, trained and led a geographically dispersed team of SSG-Enterprise Services Quality/Lean
continuous Improvement practitioners in implementing the Quality Management System across seven
independent service groups.
• Developed assessment tool and led ISO-9001 compliance analysis for an HR service delivery model
• Developed and implemented internal document configuration control and change management processes
for desktop instructions, including those that defined the organization’s Quality Management System.
Educated business partners in the process, resulting in increased standards-efficiency, compliance with
requirements, and information management capability.
• Led the PRO (procedure) and BPI (Business Process Instruction) Configuration Control/Management
Process for Boeing-Enterprise Services for several years. Was responsible for over 40 writings owned by
the organization and also managed its review and input to numerous additional Boeing company
writings of impact to Enterprise Services. Ensured process efficiency for development, review,
coordination, approval and system publication.
• Mentored/trained subject matter experts and management in QMS, ISO and related business excellence
• Designed and documented the business process architecture and associated procedures for multiple
emergent organizations including the HR Central Processing Center, SSG Enterprise Services -
Operations Excellence, and Engineering Laboratories - Equipment & Calibration Services.
• Independently established the foundational Employee Services/Enterprise Services Quality Management
and systems infrastructure and processes including implementation of the Single Source for Process
Information (SSPI) system for process management, the Management Emphasis Tracking (MET) system
for management of corrective and preventive action cases, and the Document Management System
(DMS) for publication and control of supplemental writings. Also developed, documented and managed
the execution of the Enterprise Services corrective & preventive action process, ISO-aligned process self-
assessment questionnaire, and document management processes within the ES management system and
operating rhythm. Partnered to develop and implement process self assessment/change management
and records management processes.
• Partnered to define and document various new and improved Boeing Enterprise HR/Payroll and Benefits
Enterprise post merger processes. As change agent, coalesced divergent groups (locations and heritage
company practices - McDonnell Douglas/Boeing).
• Assisted in designing HR services one-stop service center delivery model, including call routing and case
Leadership and Communication
• Facilitated a variety of project teams with charter development, strategic planning, business case
analyses, best practices determination, schedule development, and management status reporting.
• Developed and maintained various training modules (goal-setting, corrective action, document
management, case management etc.) and have extensive experience mentoring teammates and business
partners using such tools.
• Designed and/or provided content and editing for various formal communications via web pages and
• Designed, developed and produced the Enterprise Engineering Laboratory Manual for Boeing Enterprise
and industry communication of Flight and Laboratory Operations state of the art laboratory capabilities
and engineering expertise.
• Managed the Engineering Equipment Services organization’s customer feedback and response process
including workload management.
• Managed major laboratory reduction and consolidation initiative for Engineering Flight and Laboratory
Operations by working with the Engineering Director, Facilities and the Lab Dept Managers, resulting
in significant floor space and facilities cost reduction.
• Led Enterprise Services managers and subject matter experts through dozens of problem definition
efforts, root cause analyses, corrective action planning, closure criteria development and verification of
effectiveness methods for both audit findings and self identified non-conformances.
• Coached subject matter experts to advance skills in the art of designing and implementing process
controls and verification of effectiveness methods. Coordinated yearly requirement for Quality and audit
leads to verify the continued effectiveness of previously implemented audit triggered corrective actions.
• Supported and counseled seven Service Group Leadership Teams in performing case reviews and
determining closure readiness during their respective monthly preventive and corrective action board
leadership team meetings.
Business Analysis / Data Analytics
• Independently developed and managed various QMS compliance goals/objectives and metrics for
Frequency Management Services, Supply Chain Logistics, Creative and Information Services and
Human Resources organizations.
• Provided consultation regarding balanced metrics and data definitions/collection methods for key
• Created dozens of flowcharts and graphic representations of processes/models and value streams for
executive management, new hires, process users and third party vendors. Employed various methods of
communication to match specific audiences.
• Developed numerous (customer/internal) reports and queries via various mainframe systems.
• Prepared budget reports and manpower forecasts for government defense contracts. Investigated,
documented and reported variance causes and recovery plans.
• Managed organization capital equipment budget and purchase requests for procurement of supplies and
EDUCATION and ACHIEVEMENTS:
• Master of Arts – Human Resource Management, Washington University, St. Louis Missouri
• Bachelor of Science Business Administration, University of Missouri St. Louis – Marketing Major with
secondary emphasis in Management & Psychology
• Trained and experienced in Malcolm Baldrige criteria for performance/business excellence as a member
of The 2000 Missouri Quality Award (MQA) board of examiners
• Trained in ISO-9001 quality requirements via both Plexus Corporation (RAB - Registration Accreditation
Board) and the Boeing SSG Quality organization
• Formal Boeing Quality/Lean training: Lean 201, Boeing Problem Solving Model (and Corrective Action
Process), Lean – Value Stream Management (VSM), Employee Involvement (EI) Team Facilitation
• 100+ (estimate) Boeing and external classes and educational seminars related to leadership,
communication, business management, quality management and HR management
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• Have managed and coached youth sports teams and taught evening grade school class
• Recipient of the 2004 Boeing - St. Louis site “Quality Hero” award in recognition of outstanding efforts in
pursuit of Quality
• Lifetime member of Beta Gamma Sigma, national scholastic honor society in the field of business and
• Lifetime member of Alpha Mu Alpha, International Honorary Marketing Society - Top 10% GPA among
all senior (academic year) undergraduates at the college of Business Administration
• Recipient of numerous Boeing company performance awards, including “Pride @ Boeing” program
awards during career