groups/tokyowitj (WITJ member group)
Women in Technology Japan (WITJ)
WHAT IS WITJ?
• WITJ was founded in 2013 with the vision to bring more women into
the technology field, and grow next generation technology leaders to
be the forefront of innovation.
• WITJ founders are passionate about changing the status quo so that
women can realize their full potential in life to make a positive impact
upon the world, with a focus in Japan.
• WITJ is a volunteer organization providing an eco-system to connect,
inspire, empower and sponsor Women in Technology
• Seminars – formal guest speaker workshops
• Monthly meetups – casual networking
• Discussions on social media – facebook, twitter..
• OECD Forum 2015 in Paris – June 2-3
OECD Forum – June 2
• Held in Paris every year to coincide with the OECD Ministerial Council
Meeting, the OECD Forum has emerged as a major international
• Annie to participate in Discussion Café - an informal, collaborative
session with participants and thought leaders
• Topic: Mentoring Women
OECD Discussion Café topic
• Mentoring Women- Building a Rewarding
Career: What Makes a Difference?
• Why do women not get promoted in Japan?
• What is the mentoring situation in Japan?
• Are women overmentored & undersponsored in Japan?
• Key success factors women can rely on to build their career
• Key tips you would suggest to other women for professional
Join our Twitter chat: #WITJchat #OECDwk
This month‘s TWITTER topic: How can women have a rewarding career?
Join in the discussion online!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/tokyowitj (WITJ member
Be an active participant in the discussion!
Be part of our WITJ social network!